Honored Contributor
Grilled chicken, au gratin potatoes and sauteed squash for our supper. Not much cooking going on here right now due to the heat.
Respected Contributor

Not too much cooking going on here.  I just feel uninspired lately.  Mr. 4kitties wanted spaghetti last night so I made it for him.  I was not at all hungry so I just skipped supper.

Tonight I made a zucchini casserole with some zucchini I got at the farmer's market this morning.  Since Mr. 4kitties does not care for it I made him a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich.  We also had corn on the cob from the farmer's market.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Hope everyone here had a great Saturday and something to look forward to on Sunday. I made wonderful little omelettes with a ton of spinach and feta cheese inside for dinner today. I'd had salmon and sauteed kale for breakfast...backward, right? We also had  red wine with dinner. Red wine always makes everything even better IMO.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll make creamed spinach, to use the rest of the spinach and as a treat. Scalloped potatoes with it? I totally forget how to make scalloped potatoes...anyway, two creamed things, maybe not. Maybe a roasted chicken breast. I wonder if creamed spinach would be good on a bed of gnocchi? 

Honored Contributor

Well- if I ever get my table top gas grill---I'm going to grill something!!  I have this monster stainless steel grill that is too heavy and tank like for me to move it or even clean it----hubs got it for me but man alive, the thing is a beast-----ordered some salmon and rockfish and some nice beef form local vendors for my freezer--perfect for the grill

Honored Contributor

Well I got back to it with a vengeance.  

We have sweet potato hash, browned ground turkey, lettuce prepped for salads, and an almond flour loaf and cassava bread loaf baking away in the oven.  

The locknlock containers are getting a workout.  Enjoy your cooking week all. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in july

[ Edited ]

Hot dogs on the grill tonight. I made a pasta/Mediterranean salad also. Rum cake for dessert sent to us by my SIL. Wow ,you sure can taste the rum!

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone .were going on our 5th day in the 90s except yeatauday hit 100 degrees. monday ria made sloppy joe sandwiches with french fries and yestauday she italian tuna with italian buns. both very good.new item i saw to qvc. a 10 inch cake from carlos bakery going for 84.24. i will pass on that. no cake to me is worth allmost 100 bucks. hope you all have a great week.

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Well I got back to it with a vengeance.  

We have sweet potato hash, browned ground turkey, lettuce prepped for salads, and an almond flour loaf and cassava bread loaf baking away in the oven.  

The locknlock containers are getting a workout.  Enjoy your cooking week all. Smiley Happy

@Laura14 

Wow, that sounds great! What do you put in your sweet potato hash? Do you put the turkey in the hash?

I'm imagining yellow sweet potatoes, asparagus and radishes, all three chopped up in medium dice, sautéed in EVOO, and with a lot of parsley and a little fresh dill. Maybe some salmon in it or with it, yum.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD   Oooh, I may steal that.  You are better than me! 

I normally make a huge batch of shredded sweet potatoes and cook them stove top in olive oil, tumeric, and Italian spices.  

Then I can and do mix in the turkey or sometimes I fold in cheese sauce or sometimes I do scrambled eggs mixed in for a breakfast bowl.  Or it can be straight up as is with a side of ketchup.  

Very versatile!  

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@KaySD   Oooh, I may steal that.  You are better than me! 

I normally make a huge batch of shredded sweet potatoes and cook them stove top in olive oil, tumeric, and Italian spices.  

Then I can and do mix in the turkey or sometimes I fold in cheese sauce or sometimes I do scrambled eggs mixed in for a breakfast bowl.  Or it can be straight up as is with a side of ketchup.  

Very versatile!  

@Laura14 

Im always looking for more ways to use sweet potatoes. I especially like the yellow ones that aren't all that sweet and have a lovely texture. But I never thought to grate them like hash browns. I'm stealing your idea, too! 

Now I'm wondering. I've seen people make waffles out of regular shredded potatoes, adding just enough egg or something to stick them together. Have been meaning to try that, as an alternative to bread. Would it work with the yellow sweet potatoes? The sweeter ones would probably caramelize too quickly. But white sweet potatoes and Swiss cheese waffles, and your ground turkey burger (with some finely chopped kale in it for texture), you'd have some sandwich! Yes? No?