Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I purchased one of the original ones that QVC sold.   It is great quality, heavy, and well made.  The brand name of those was Oasis, or Oasis-something or other.  

They were all wood.   They came completely assembled, which was a good thing.  The kind of funny thing was that it was almost impossible to get out of the box.  I was very glad that I didn't have to contemplate returning it because I'd never have gotten it back in that box!

It was like some kind of comic bit with me on the floor and one foot on each side of the box, pulling the cart out with my hands and pushing the box away with my feet.  Glad nobody had to see that!  Smiley Happy

yes i believe thats the one i got too.. i got the dark cherry wood color, i love it.. yes it was very heavy! i had to have help carrying it up to my 3rd floor apt.

Respected Contributor

to you who suggested Origami  --yep-- you were right . It is a quality product! I received mine and it fits perfectly where I had planned and is very sturdy. After hearing your unboxing experiences I just cut the box off with a sharp utility knife, lifted it out, (it was a little heavy for an old lady)put the casters on (quite easily even for a 'klux') and rolled it into it's new real estate.DH loves it because he did not need to assemble anything. TY again my kitchen sisters & brethen (?) !

Regular Contributor

I love the oasis, very sturdy, also got the long one, not so sturdy, being disabled and getting it upstairs and out of box was a sight I hope nobody sees, lol, had to return and get a replacement, what a mess, this was the island one but the square i love

Regular Contributor

I worked up such a sweat I had to take a shower right after and a pain pill