Honored Contributor

Hi Chloe's Mom!  Smiley Happy   I guess I wasn't the only one.  I'm just glad I got it back when I was still fairly normal, physically that is.  Smiley Happy

If I had to deal with it now I'd be skrewed, blued, and tattooed because there is no way!  Some day I can barely get the top off of my bottle of water.

I think the only reason I didn't get out the case cutter and make short order of that box was, well maybe two reasons - 1)  In case it was defective and I had to return it; and 2)  In the event that I scratched it, because I could see that it could have been vulnerable.

Trusted Contributor

I own on the Origami carts, and I have my KA mixer on top, and my rotisserie on another shelf, and my large pressure cooker, and Versa Cooker, and find I use them all much more since I can just roll the cart into the kitchen and plug into the island outlet, rather than trying to carry them, as all too heavy....I keep it stored in the laundry room, under an area that has a hanging bar with all of my inuslated bags hanging....It handles well over my Italian marble flooring, and is so much better on me......Woman Happy

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hi Chloe's Mom!  Smiley Happy   I guess I wasn't the only one.  I'm just glad I got it back when I was still fairly normal, physically that is.  Smiley Happy

If I had to deal with it now I'd be skrewed, blued, and tattooed because there is no way!  Some day I can barely get the top off of my bottle of water.

I think the only reason I didn't get out the case cutter and make short order of that box was, well maybe two reasons - 1)  In case it was defective and I had to return it; and 2)  In the event that I scratched it, because I could see that it could have been vulnerable.

Oh @chickenbutt it was not pretty nor without a considerable amount of sweat that I finally pried that cart out of said box . . . I honestly think companies need to start including instructions as to who is available in the house when the box arrives . . . I am being slightly facetious but there is a part of me that thinks that may not be a bad idea . . . Smiley Happy

Happy 2016 my friend . . . enjoy!

Respected Contributor

How funny, I have the original Oasis, and just yesterday received an Origami I got day after Xmas on clearance..though it is billed as a bakers rack, I plan to use it in the garage..which, since it is attached to my kitchen, is used a lot LIKE a kitchen..

So glad to know it's easy to assemble. I am off tomorrow, and would love to get it functional on my day off...need to get all the canning supplies off my Pilates reformer, so I can, well, actually USE my Pilates!

Respected Contributor

Since QVC doesn't currently offer the MCM carts I am going to order the kitchen cart from the other channel . I did my homework and measuring . I have a spot in my kitchen for which it is almost custom made. I wanted something real sturdy and it seems to fil the bill. Evidently Q does not sell Oasis (or at least with that name still) Thanks to all.

You ladies gave me a good laugh on the 'unboxing' part of online shopping ! Smiley Very Happy believe me --been there done that !

I recieved some lovely Christmas gifts but felt like a 2 year old needing someone to help me 'unpackage ' them. Don't even get me started on 'resealable' food packages . I am afraid they make me use language my mother told me not to use when attempting to reseal. I just dump the contents into a L&L.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay

@Mothertrucker

Oy, getting that Oasis cart out of the box . . . I'm surprised I didn't stroke out it was so heavy and I vaguely recall not being able to see very well because I was sweating so bad it kept running into my eyes . . . probably should have been a two person task . . . Smiley Happy

okaywitheasy pay, I know you will love your Origami kitchen cart.  I'm so happy your ordered it for yourself!

Mothertrucker, I SO wanted that baker's rack but even I couldn't come up with anything to justify it's purchase.  That one is a beauty, enjoy!

Valued Contributor

Hi All and Happy New Year!

I have both brands and LOVE the Origami... And, we now have many, many of the Origami shelving in the largest to all other sizes offered.  So great for Basement, kitchen and closets.

HSN has the shelf liners too and always having TSV on them about 3 times a year it seems.

Hope you enjoy...I KNOW you will !

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe  I put it together yesterday, since you all encouraged me how easy it was! Yes, unpacking was the hardest part..

it is WAY too nice for the garage..even IF the garage is sort  of an extended kitchen for me..

Glad I bought it fast and didn't think about it or I might not have gotten it!

Honored Contributor

Re: kitchen carts

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@momtochloe  I put it together yesterday, since you all encouraged me how easy it was! Yes, unpacking was the hardest part..

it is WAY too nice for the garage..even IF the garage is sort  of an extended kitchen for me..

Glad I bought it fast and didn't think about it or I might not have gotten it!

***sigh*** . . . I would so love that in my basement for my alleged pantry . . . congratulations @Mothertrucker, that is a nice looking cart!  Heart

And ps, unpacking the Origami cart is nothing compared to the Oasis one at least for me (due to the sheer weight of the Oasis cart) . . . all I could think of was "there's no one here to call the paramedics if I stroke out" . . . it all ended well and it looks great in my kitchen . . . tee hee!

Trusted Contributor

i got a nice kitchen cart from here about 4 yrs. ago it was a dark cherry color a foldable one, but i always leave it out in my kitchen i love it... it looks like the temptations cart but mines all made out of cherry wood... of course they no longer have it.....