Respected Contributor

anyone know what has become of the fairly affordable kitchen carts that used to be shown about every other presentation. I think they were by Mark Charles Misilli. I always thought if I ever figured out where to use one in my smallish kitchen I would buy that brand.  Well guess what --I did figure a need ! I can not find any now.Smiley Sad Just the TT ones which do not look sturdy to me. Oh well guess I will try the other channel. 

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay I have both a cart and a shelving unit/rack from Origami and I cannot say enough about how great they are . . . take them out of the box and the set up is a breeze and they are very sturdy.  You can purchase them at the other channel and also Amazon has a nice selection as well.

I have one of the carts from MCM and it is also very nice but it was very heavy for me to take out of the box and set up so I personally now prefer the Origami products as although they are lighter weight they are very sturdy and can hold very heavy items.

HTH

Respected Contributor

TY. I didn't know Amazon sold that brand . I will check them out also. DH loves the idea of something to use right out of the box!Smiley LOL

Contributor

I also have the kitchen cart from Origami that mtc wrote about.  I have a very small kitchen with little counter space and this is a big helper.  It's the best thing I've bought from the other shopping channel.  I highly recommend this one.

Honored Contributor

I have an Origami and I love it.  I use it to mix all my doughs for cookies, cakes, pies, etc and I don't have to mess up my counter.  I just wheel it in and it's so easy to clean after.  

Esteemed Contributor

I loved those carts from MCM and have the kitchen one and the larger version that I purchased years ago.  I agree that the Temptations cart  doesn't look as sturdy to me but I need one that holds a lot of weight.

I did purchase the kitchen cart with butcher block top in the Oragami line on HSM for the family room and it is sturdy. It works great and the price wasn't too crazy. I wish they would bring the MCM carts back and expand that line. Trying to find strong storage items or shleving and with wheels is a quest not to mention the price issue.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for the Origami kitchen cart - one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Very sturdy and functional.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I don't have the kitchen cart but I have two red Origami shelves in my laundry room and I put two taller Origami shelves in closets.  I highly recommend them.  I am going to have to look at the kitchen cart.  

Honored Contributor

I purchased one of the original ones that QVC sold.   It is great quality, heavy, and well made.  The brand name of those was Oasis, or Oasis-something or other.  

They were all wood.   They came completely assembled, which was a good thing.  The kind of funny thing was that it was almost impossible to get out of the box.  I was very glad that I didn't have to contemplate returning it because I'd never have gotten it back in that box!

It was like some kind of comic bit with me on the floor and one foot on each side of the box, pulling the cart out with my hands and pushing the box away with my feet.  Glad nobody had to see that!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I purchased one of the original ones that QVC sold.   It is great quality, heavy, and well made.  The brand name of those was Oasis, or Oasis-something or other.  

They were all wood.   They came completely assembled, which was a good thing.  The kind of funny thing was that it was almost impossible to get out of the box.  I was very glad that I didn't have to contemplate returning it because I'd never have gotten it back in that box!

It was like some kind of comic bit with me on the floor and one foot on each side of the box, pulling the cart out with my hands and pushing the box away with my feet.  Glad nobody had to see that!  Smiley Happy

Oh my dear friend @chickenbutt . . . I don't have to see it as I lived it . . . prying that cart out of the box was a sight to behold and let me tell you I broke more than a sweat on that one . . . coupled with wielding a box cutter in the process . . . oy!  Smiley Happy