Respected Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

It's interesting reading the different opinions about why some think it's a good value and some  don't and why some would rather cook their own and others are glad not to have to cook.  Would be nice if everyone enjoyed reading about this and not attacking another poster for their  viewpoint.   

Yes, and some people just like to argue for the sake of it.   And they just can't seem to let it go.   So tiresome.

Where is that "ignore" button, QVC????   It would make reading the forum so much more pleasant.  

@SarahW  I wish the ignore button was back also.  You're not alone. 

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies------Good Morning TM......"Color" me upset ( get it ?)

Somebody removed the kiddie table/crayon posts saying they were unkind. They were addressed to me specifically and I thought they were hysterical......Thanks for the laugh in an otherwise pathetic, feel sorry for myself day.

Occasional Contributor

Amen, and the "culprit" ingredient is only in the spinach side dish. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

I can go to the local butcher and get the same turkey breast for much less. Herb butter is very easy to make, and if you make a large batch, it can be frozen. The sides are ridiculously priced. I just looked at the sides without the turkey breast, and they are being sold for $52 for mashed potatoes and macaroni? Come on Martha. 

Youre paying for for the convenience, but you still have to cook the darn thing.

Even with a butcher shop turkey breast, I can make an entire dinner for under $100. With more sides, that are FRESH, and with less sodium too.

Not everyone is able to do this. 

Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

I can go to the local butcher and get the same turkey breast for much less. Herb butter is very easy to make, and if you make a large batch, it can be frozen. The sides are ridiculously priced. I just looked at the sides without the turkey breast, and they are being sold for $52 for mashed potatoes and macaroni? Come on Martha. 

Youre paying for for the convenience, but you still have to cook the darn thing.

Even with a butcher shop turkey breast, I can make an entire dinner for under $100. With more sides, that are FRESH, and with less sodium too.

Not everyone is able to do this. 

AND---- Not everyone WANTS to do this !

Valued Contributor

Don't forget to order the $70 brie too for an appetizer

Respected Contributor

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

@RedHeadedWench------Although I did purchase the MS dinner, I absolutely agree that the price for the 2 side dishes was ridiculous. Throw in the Brie for $60 for under 2 lbs and ,to me, you've got a "are you kidding me ?" moment.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

For people who don't want to cook a turkey and want it prepared for them, I've gotten much better value elsewhere.  Check your local supermarkets, they often have dinners you can order and you just reheat.  I've done this and was very pleased.  I got much more than a turkey and two side dishes too.  

Trusted Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@SarahW wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

It's interesting reading the different opinions about why some think it's a good value and some  don't and why some would rather cook their own and others are glad not to have to cook.  Would be nice if everyone enjoyed reading about this and not attacking another poster for their  viewpoint.   

Yes, and some people just like to argue for the sake of it.   And they just can't seem to let it go.   So tiresome.

Where is that "ignore" button, QVC????   It would make reading the forum so much more pleasant.  

@SarahW  I wish the ignore button was back also.  You're not alone. 

Definitely not alone.  Case in point.

Honored Contributor

I find this thread hilarious! ...Arguing over turkey!

I usually go to my sisiter in law's for Thanksgiving...they all come to my house on Christmas and I usually (but not always serve turkey) .

In the past I've gotten them for free from using supermarket points (it's been many years though) to having spent over $150.00 just for the turkey alone.  Those turkeys have been raised on an organic farm and we purchase it direct from our local farmer.  They aren't cheap but they taste great and aren't filled with chemicals and antibiotics.

We'll probably order one this year too.

So to each his or her own.  Who cares what others spend on whatever they want to buy?