Super Contributor

I'm so glad I can cook and make my own turkey dinner and sides. 

Trusted Contributor

Wow @TenderMercies Where do you live that you can buy a boneless turkey breast for so little?  Where I live you are lucky if you can find a boned turkey breast for under $2 per pound.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Wow @TenderMercies Where do you live that you can buy a boneless turkey breast for so little?  Where I live you are lucky if you can find a boned turkey breast for under $2 per pound.

@chlema

that is what it runs around here.....about $2 to $3 a pound.....from a "regular" grocery store.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

No way will I buy a turkey breast and 2 sides for $100.  I could buy several turkeys and still have enough left over for 2 veggies. The Q is really pushing all this high priced food. Glad I like going to the grocery store. Smiley Happy

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Regular Contributor

Well I caved in and purchased after watching several presentations and looking up costs at Walmart.  Then I calculated in the time to drive to Walmart, park, go in the store, pray they had all the ingredients I needed (during the holidays they usually don't), carry it to the car, carry it to the house, make all the items, get up at the crack of dawn to put in the turkey and decided all of that was no worth it for a couple of hours of food! Even if I used the Walmart online ordering it still would require time.  

I got the November delivery with the auto delivery for March.  If I'm not satisfied with the food I just call QVC and get a credit, not so much with Walmart. 

I'm sure if Martha has put her name on the items they are going to be delicious. We don't have the luxury of ordering at a Boston Market or Heavenly Ham place as they are at least an hour away from my home.  I hope everyone enjoys what ever they have for the holiday! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Wow, Martha -

[ Edited ]

One turkey breast and two side dishes. What about cranberry sauce, rolls, yams,  gravy, creamed onions, my Mother always made these, another vege which is normal at Thanksgiving, desert, etc.  I understand some people just can't prepare a huge feast for whatever reason, but I enjoy the once a year Thanksgiving meal preparation.

What is Thanksgiving without a whole turkey, no giblets to much on while the turkey is roasting to a crispy golden brown, no cranberries and extra dressing to munch on throughout the day, no crispy wings to eat, no dark meat, my favorite, this is the Thanksgiving meal for me. 

Contributor

Never saw so many overpriced items in one show as today's Gourmet. Martha\s candy and all else. Absolutely paying for the name. The most honest price on the show was My Gma's coffeecake. 

Trusted Contributor

@aunt bea wrote:

Well I caved in and purchased after watching several presentations and looking up costs at Walmart.  Then I calculated in the time to drive to Walmart, park, go in the store, pray they had all the ingredients I needed (during the holidays they usually don't), carry it to the car, carry it to the house, make all the items, get up at the crack of dawn to put in the turkey and decided all of that was no worth it for a couple of hours of food! Even if I used the Walmart online ordering it still would require time.  

I got the November delivery with the auto delivery for March.  If I'm not satisfied with the food I just call QVC and get a credit, not so much with Walmart. 

I'm sure if Martha has put her name on the items they are going to be delicious. We don't have the luxury of ordering at a Boston Market or Heavenly Ham place as they are at least an hour away from my home.  I hope everyone enjoys what ever they have for the holiday! 

Good grief.  There is end in sight to the justifications that some people will concoct in order to justify this purchase.  

Esteemed Contributor
I can cook my own. I choose not to. Why is this a problem for some of you. This is a big country. We can do what we please. Good for you for choosing to cook your own dinner. I choose not to. End of story
Esteemed Contributor
@Tender Mercies. Good grief. Can’t you let it go. It’s none of your business what people choose to do. No one needs to concoct any reason for what they choose to do. Why it bothers you is beyond me.