Esteemed Contributor

$l00. for your 4.25 lb. turkey breast.

Valued Contributor

All I can say is, REALLY! 

Trusted Contributor

Also includes 4 pounds of side dishes (2 side dishes of 2 lbs each).

Thought to be sufficient to feed as many as 8-12 people for a holiday dinner, at a half pound of meat and perhaps a quarter pound of side dishes per person, this becomes a dinner of $10-$12 per serving.  

That seems very reasonable. I don’t think I could cook a turkey and that much side dish for much less, and I’d have a lot more work. This is pretty easy to get ready and not extremely expensive. 

The price is not just for the meat. It’s for the complete meal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ii think it’s a fabulous deal.  By the time you buy all the ingredients and prepare them and try finding g a  turkey breast of this quality in any store  msybe Whole Foods or a similar store, you would be hard pressed to make this meal for $100.  

Occasional Contributor

At that price....does Martha come with it to carve it?!  No thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Also includes 4 pounds of side dishes (2 side dishes of 2 lbs each).

Thought to be sufficient to feed as many as 8-12 people for a holiday dinner, at a half pound of meat and perhaps a quarter pound of side dishes per person, this becomes a dinner of $10-$12 per serving.  

That seems very reasonable. I don’t think I could cook a turkey and that much side dish for much less, and I’d have a lot more work. This is pretty easy to get ready and not extremely expensive. 

The price is not just for the meat. It’s for the complete meal. 

@gizmogal, I didn't realize the side dishes came with it. That makes it a little more "palatable." (love a little pun) Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love Martha, but this is a pass for me.  $11/pound for turkey breast and $27 for 2 pounds of mashed potatoes is not sensible to me.  While I’ve only made whole turkeys and can’t comment on the price of turkey breast, I’m perfectly capable of seasoning and buttering my own and paying a fraction of that cost.  Bob Evans charges about $6 for its family size mashed potatoes which is 2 lbs.  Throw in some cream cheese yourself.  Ordering food from QVC is always hit and miss.  I wouldn’t want to get a miss when I’m serving guests.  

Regular Contributor

I don't think the price is outrageous.  If I were having a small gathering for Thanksgiving, I would give it a try.  I'm not a huge fan of the sides, but maybe they are really good.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wow, Martha -

[ Edited ]

In my part of the country $100.00 for a turkey breast and two 2lb. sides is just rediculous, a prime rib yes but a turkey breast - it's just crazy.  Good lord you can go to a up scale market and purchase the whole dinner, turkey, potatos, stuffing,, veggies, gravy and pie for less.  Thanks but I'll pass I don't see any special value on this !

Esteemed Contributor

There are other food vendors that may be a better deal. You have Corky's smoked turkey breast (4.25 lbs) and 2/2lb side dishes for $86.00. You have Kansas City prime rib (4 -4.50 lb) and 2/2lb side dishes for $136.00.