Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you keep your bread?

@Semisweet wrote:

I keep all my breads in the freezer. It only takes minutes to unthaw when you want it. Storing bread in the refrigerator makes it go stale faster. 

Same here. I like Dave's breads, which are quite expensive and we can't eat it fast enough to prevent molding. We do the same with bagels ... I slice them most of the way before freezing them.  My toaster has a setting for frozen items.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I don't buy nor do I eat bread. Haven't in about 3 years since I lost 70 lbs. I live a very low carb diet and bread doesn't fit into my way of eating.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

In the pantry.

Honored Contributor

@Semisweet wrote:

I keep all my breads in the freezer. It only takes minutes to unthaw when you want it. Storing bread in the refrigerator makes it go stale faster. 

This morning I was shocked. I had been storing my Thomas' English Muffins in the refrigerator. Pulled out the package this morning and the package was still sealed from the factory. I have not opened it but the 3 muffins that you can see,  are covered in mold.

Guess next time I store them in the freezer.

Esteemed Contributor

If something you reach for every day, why not keep it in front of the coffee pots or toaster? Maybe on top of the toaster?

My bread is kept in the freezer, since I only eat occasionally. DH keeps his in the refrigerator on its designated shelf.

Honored Contributor

We have a very narrow cabinet door under the counter top; the lower shelves pull out.  I keep the bread on that shelf.

Respected Contributor

Spring and summer I usually refrigerate the bread as it will mold fast in the warmer weather.  Winter I usually can leave it on the counter and it gets eaten before it gets stale. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I keep it in a bread box with other open things that are used daily.  (Bags of almonds, granola, English muffins, etc.)

Frequent Contributor

Keep bread in the pantry.  We also had a crazy cat.  She would viciously tear into the bread bag left on the counter.  Only time I couldn't trust her in the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

The Lock & Locks that I use for bread are HPL827M (item# on bottom of vessel).

I have a few of these but they didn't come in a set named for bread or anything.

What I like is that they are EXACTLY the perfect size for the type of bread I buy.  The Dave's Killer Bread is sized like the Orowheat breads, so not smaller slices in longer loaves.  They are wider than tall.  I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, when I put a new loaf in it completely fills up the container.  Just wanted to share in case somebody who uses that shape of bread is looking for one that is a perfect size.  Smiley Happy

I've bought so many individual pieces at places like eBay, Amazon, and the L&L website, over the years.  I tend to find that I really use certain sizes that probably came in a set a lot more than other sizes.