Honored Contributor

When your kitchenware walks away.....

Three weeks ago, I baked cupcakes and took them to my work friends in L&L domed cupcake containers.  All five of the people I gave them to, commented on the cute containers and asked if I needed them back. Everytime I said, "Yes, please, that way I can refill them".  So far, I've gotten one of them back.

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 5.32.14 PM.png

Last week, my friends met here at my house and we ordered lots of Indian food so that we could all have leftovers.  Out walked four of my L&L containers.... haven't seen them since.

Now, I have to say that I have enough L&L that I don't have to worry about it, but it does surprise me that people can forget to return such things.  I really don't understand how it happens - do they just put them into their own cupboards and forget about them? The pieces I lent out were unique, how coud they not know they haven't returned them?

I don't get it.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: When your kitchenware walks away.....

I think plastic food containers are like pens -- they are just passed around from person to person forever.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Call your "friends" and ask them to return your containers then quit feeding them or save Cool Whip containers for their leftovers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I had a friend that took about a year to return a container.  Her reason that it was "bad manners" to return a container empty, so she had been searching all that time for just the right thing that I would enjoy eating.  Cat Surprised

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Call your "friends" and ask them to return your containers then quit feeding them or save Cool Whip containers for their leftovers.

@Kachina624 I am laughing so hard my side hurts...I purposely buy cheap dollar store containers to use for leftovers...my Lock & Lock ain't leaving my house. My own family use to pick me off and then have the nerves to call and tell me how nice the Lock & Lock bowls (they are now using) were. 

Honored Contributor

I have never "lent" my food containers to family, friends and/or co workers to return when done.

They will get paper plates & aluminum foil.  They all know or knew from jump street.  So no need to ask.  Will be happy to tell you where I got them from so YOU can purchase your own.

My mindset - I purchase for me NOT the world.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Plenty of aluminum choices with lids at walmart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@house_cat 

I had a friend that took about a year to return a container.  Her reason that it was "bad manners" to return a container empty, so she had been searching all that time for just the right thing that I would enjoy eating.  Cat Surprised

@lolakimono  ~  your friend is kind of a sly thief, or lousy liar.  Do as @Kachina624 suggests, or buy 'cheapies' at Walmart or Dollar Store when gifting baked goods.  That's what I do, and no worries!  During the holidays, I do gift baked goods or chocolates in Lock & Lock as part of the gift, and tell them so.  I purchase the L&L containers with gift bags to gift homemade goodies and chocolates.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@house_cat - A few years ago I bought the L&L containers and bags, put cookies in them, and gave them to my friends at Christmas. My CLOSEST FRIEND returned her container in January! I told her she was supposed to KEEP it - it was a gift. She said she thought I would want it back! LOL! 

@lolakimono - Sounds like me - although I hope I wouldn't take a year! My mom always said when someone gives you cookies on a good plate, you always make something for them when you return the plate. I've always done that! That's why when someone moves in the neighborhood or I give a cake or cookies for another reason, I always use a "fancy" plastic or paper plate.

And my L&L containers don't leave my home. If I'm sending something home with someone I use my trusty Hefty containers! Smiley Wink