Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff  Burgers tonight. I'm trying to use up my tomatoes as fast as I can, so nearly everything I make involves tomatoes. My favorite lately is sauteed zucchini and tomatoes with onion, garlic and basil. Everything is so fresh and it goes together so well! You can pair it with fish, chicken, sausage, burgers, pasta, or just eat it sprinkled with parm. I only planted cherry and grape tomatoes this year due to downsizing to the patio, but they are going crazy! 

Esteemed Contributor

DD is getting a salad w/chicken and asked if I wanted one. Nope, I opted for an order of potato skins and will split them with her. Too darn hot to eat much. I have felt lousy all day and I think it is this ghastly heat and humidity.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night's restaurant leftovers: boneless sirloin, baked potato and fresh local corn on the cob (1/2 ear cooked in the microwave). Leftovers reheated in my Ninja foodi, so the kitchen stays cool.

Respected Contributor

California Chicken Sandwiches

Chicken Breast in the Ninja Air Fryer

Piece of American Cheese

Home Grown Tomatoes

Lettuce

Mayo

All on a sesame seed toasted bun

Just delicious!

Stuffed Pork Chops tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I hope that you feel better. Please stay hydrated.  For 32 years I worked in a school office that was open all through the summer with no air conditioning. I had a small personal fan on my desk and drank water all day. I would keep going to the ladies room to splash cold water on my face, hands and wrists. It helped me to survive the worst days.

Valued Contributor

Fried egg on croissant with bacon, tomato 🍅 Mayo........and salad

Honored Contributor

Pork tenderloin baked with fruit, leftover rice, and steamed broccoli.  And iced tea.

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff  Thanks. All week I have put an ice pack behind me when I sit in my recliner at the base of my spine.  It helps.

Honored Contributor

That's a good idea.  I have a couple of these 'neck towel' things that Mission makes.  You put it under cold water, wring it out a bit, then snap it a couple of times.  Put it around your neck and put the ends inside your clothes.

It stays cold pretty well inside.  I generate a lot of heat so it doesn't last as long on me as on a lot of people, I suppose.

Sometimes I also just put my head over the kitchen sink and run cold water over my  hair.  That helps for a while.

Another thing I'm doing this time around, since I don't get to have as much a/c as I'd like, is that I constantly keep a half bottle of water in the freezer.  When it's time for the next bottle, I pour another half bottle of cold water into the frozen one and then put that new half bottle in the freezer for next time.  I was finding that my water was getting warm pretty fast otherwise.  I like my water cold.

Esteemed Contributor

Leftover Italian food from my DIL catered birthday party yesterday. Yummy!!