Valued Contributor

Sandwich of any kind and salad today.

Yesterday was chicken on salad.

That's all I can muster up for now.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

chocolate Cheerios (love the chocolate milk left when you are done), banana and popsicle for dessert

late night snack will be raspberry yogurt

I just can't eat a warm meal when the heat and humidity are so bad.

@Mersha  Where are you finding chocolate Cheerios?  I've been looking for them for months and haven't found them.  The chocolate milk left is the best part!

I got some yesterday at Walmart

Valued Contributor
Dinner will be chicken cordon bleu, pierogies in garlic butter, corn, and a side salad made with tomatoes, chick peas, black olives and salad dressing.
Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Nightowlz  That sounds wonderful. Last week my husband saw steak at Market Basket for $23.00 a pound. No one was buying. I imagine that increasing costs of everything will be seen

soon. I'm glad that my children are grown and I'm no longer

preparing meals for a family of 7 every day.

@Enufstuff 

If the prices keep going up pretty soon people will quit buying. Prices at the meat market are higher.

My mom had to cook for 9. There were 7 of us kids. My sister is dealing with this now cooking for 6. 

Respected Contributor

@decaf  I hope that you don't get a hurricane and lose power. It would be brutal without AC. A few years ago I went to

Punta Gorda to visit my cousin at the end of March. I thought that I would perish with the humidity. I couldn't believe that it did not bother them, they were'nt even using AC. They had lived ther for 15 years and were used to it.

That is a good idea to use up the food in your fridge. I need to do that too, since we are shopping for a new

fridge this weekend. Supposedly the Frigidaire model that I want is in stock. My daughter bought all new kitchen appliances this past year and had to wait 6 months for delivery.

Esteemed Contributor

I hate to jinx things but so far this summer in Arizona hasn't been all that bad. Not like last year when we had over 150 days of over 100 and months of over 110. Looking at the weather we have at least another 10 days of under 100 and rain in the forecast so as far as food goes it's just about anything for food. I'm making open faced turkey sandwiches with gravy and mashed potatoes and earlier this week I made stuffed peppers.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree 

That  sounds perfect for a hot day. There may be some tuna sandwiches in our near future, like this weekend. Husband may complain, but, Oh well!

Respected Contributor

Re: What's for dinner?

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz   Your poor mother! My grandmother raised 8 children during the depression. I can't even imagine. Bless your

sister.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@QVCkitty1  That sounds delicious to me.

@Enufstuff , It's a favorite of mine, I thought about adding bacon, but I'm too lazy. 😆

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

No cooking here, just going to do "finger foods": hard boiled egg, hard salami slices, celery w/cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning.