Respected Contributor

Since most of us are experiencing such extreme heat, I'm curious what is being served for dinner. If it were just me, I would be happy with a little fruit and cottage cheese or just

ice cream. But, two men expect a meal every night.

This morning I cooked elbow macaroni and made a large

salad with some chopped vegetables and cubed cooked ham.

Tomorrow may be delivered take out. We have so many

options nearby.

Honored Contributor

It's  a beast today, so we are having cold  chicken on hard rolls with big slices of tomato., and a green salad.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Grilled hamburgers and corn on the cob for us, macaroni salad for DH.  It's always blazing hot and humid like crazy in S Fl. in August.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  That sounds delicious to me.

Respected Contributor

chocolate Cheerios (love the chocolate milk left when you are done), banana and popsicle for dessert

late night snack will be raspberry yogurt

I just can't eat a warm meal when the heat and humidity are so bad.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@decafThat's what I made two nights ago, except instead of macaroni salad , I made Ranch Dip with a cold vegetable platter.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

chocolate Cheerios (love the chocolate milk left when you are done), banana and popsicle for dessert

late night snack will be raspberry yogurt

I just can't eat a warm meal when the heat and humidity are so bad.

@Mersha  Where are you finding chocolate Cheerios?  I've been looking for them for months and haven't found them.  The chocolate milk left is the best part!

Trusted Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@decafThat's what I made two nights ago, except instead of macaroni salad , I made Ranch Dip with a cold vegetable platter.

That sounds delish, we just keep eating up what's in the freezer and refrigerator in case we lose power from a hurricane.

Respected Contributor

@Mersha  I so agree about cold food on a hot day. My son is the same way. But my husband could eat a turkey dinner or any hot meat and potatoes, no matter the weather. That's just not happening. He thinks that a sandwich or salad is not a "meal".

Honored Contributor

It's going to be 100 here again today.   I actually do 'dinner' at lunch time and then for dinner I usually just eat either half a sandwich, a carrot, or a KIND bar, and a popsicle.