Respected Contributor

This  week I made Swedish meatballs with noodles and gravy and I made enough for leftovers for a few nights and Tuesday and tonight I made chicken bacon ranch pizza for dinner.

Honored Contributor

Grilled steak.  Husband had his ice cream.  I had a "Keto ice cream" bar.

Trusted Contributor

Leftover cold meatloaf and sliced tomatoes.

Trusted Contributor

@Enufstuff  After one hurricane in 2004 we lost power completely for over 17 days. It was so hot and humid, like a jungle, day after day, you could cry. 

Every year now, from about August through October I buy perishable food as I need it, it's not worth losing it all  I hope they have the refrigerator model you want.  You're smart to buy a new one before the old one conks out, especially since you don't know how long it will take to get it.  Most people don't do that and they end up losing hundreds of dollars, just in spoiled food. 

In Florida, March always starts out so cool and beautiful and by the end of the month, it can feel like someone flipped a switch and it's really hot and muggy.  You're right, your family is just accustomed to it. 

We had a very similar situation once when my nephew was visiting during the winter or spring.  His second day here he said, "I guess you don't mind sleeping in the heat."  It dawned on me it didn't bother us, but to him it must have felt like 90 degrees in the guest room.  Needless to say, the AC stayed on, cranked down low,  for the rest of his stay.

Respected Contributor
Tonight we had tacos in shells. Toppings were onions, cheese chopped cherry tomatoes(from my overflowing garden), avocado, salsa & sour cream. Watermelon for dessert. Supposed to get a cool down for the next few days but still not cool enough for me to turn on the oven yet!
Respected Contributor

It was hot and then stormy here today so we had an Asian wrap from Costco.  I bought them yesterday because I wanted a simple meal this afternoon.   I still fix hot meals during the summer.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

MW polar Herring in Hot Tomato Sauce, 6 Ounce (Pack of 14)OK.....I'm REALLY lazy......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Last night I had some pulled pork, ear of corn and a small salad.  Tonight will be a pork chop w/ another small salad.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Another hot and steamy day here, north of Boston. My very dear, sweet, thoughtful brother arrived at my house today and brought

me three large submarine sandwiches, so I don't have to cook tonight. Something nice and cold to have , yay!

Those extremely high temperatures in Sicily and in our southwest are frightening to me. I feel for those people who lost their homes

from the devastating fires and for all the people and poor animals

who are affected for miles by the smoke.

Our world has become a scary place.

Contributor

Buttermilk fried chicken. Mashed potatoes,cream gravy!