Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in September- already?

Last night was fried red tomatoes, great way to use them up, sauteed prawns with a cilantro, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil drizzle, and brown rice for DH, I skipped the rice.

Respected Contributor

All cooked together: carrots, pasta, corn, broccoli smothered in garlic - one of the best pre-packaged meals I have ever found. I used the WOK to fix it - last time I put it in a skillet. Very, very good.

The little girl is not willing to call it a night yet, she will shortly I am sure. She is such a little angel except those times she has a snit fit and throws herself backwards. Scares me when she does that because she does not care WHERE she is when she lets go. LOL.

Hope one and all had a great day.

Trusted Contributor

14264821_761404047334303_4930784472450841516_n.jpg

Valued Contributor

Hi all,

Tonight I am having ribs from Costco. They are St. Louis style already cooked. Very good. I am not eating well. Just don't feel like cooking so I grab whatever is available.

I am going to try to do better.

Respected Contributor

Was VERY happy, Davey's Dad showed up with Davey's little sister, Lola. We ate out - my treat - and I had fettuccine  Alfredo, Lola had chicken strips (what else) Davey had a weird burger combo with fried onions and his Dad had chicken fried steak. Good dinner for one and all = and the little girl had her munchies and pedialite. Came home and she had sweet potatoes. LOL. Very inexpensive dinner for the four of us AND IT WAS DELICIOUS - $40.34. Cannot beat that.

Soushi, you hang in there, it is not always easy preparing for oneself - can be difficult but in time you will manage. Even so, your dinner sounded good. Take care my friend.

Hope one and all had a very good day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for Good Morning Happy Sunday

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone...

Boy, the last few days have been easy peasy in my kitchen.  Friday night, we had "Subway"...Could not get any easier than that...Really?

Yesterday Saturday,  we (hubby) and I meet a dear friend who we have not seen in a good 15 yrs. for a late lunch / early dinner.  He recently moved near us only an hour away. "Good Friends", don't have to talk everyday...But when they do get together they pick up right were they left off...And are never lost for words...What a wonderful visit.

Sunday, was very low key...Dinner this evening was a nice Cobb Salad...Easy Peasy!

Have a good evening.  Hugs!

Honored Contributor

Image result for monday quotes

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Last night Shannon fixed Taco's. Davy's Dad and little sister were still here and he AND Davey mowed the pathetic lawn. lined bricks on one side of the drive, weeded, etc. I was very very happy. With his Dad, Davey works his but t off and appears to be very happy doing so - it was a good weekend for them.

Suppose to get up only to the lower 80s today - sure hope that is true. Yesterday was another hot one but not as bad as the day before.

Have a good day one and all.

Honored Contributor

I'm still on a sweet potato kick.  The check out girl looked at me funny when I bought six sweet potatoes over the weekend.  I told her it's my dinner.  Quick and easy after work. 

Spent yesterday peeling and deseeding cucumbers so I have four containers for my cucumber salad for lunch this week.

Probably going to also break out a can of black beans so I can make taco salad and tacos.  I'm on a make my life as easy as possible kick right now.

Bought a bag of ripened bananas too for my smoothies.  I started peeling and freezing them.  We'll see if this was a good idea or not.