Respected Contributor

What's Cooking in September- already?

[ Edited ]

August flew by didn't it? Dawned on me this morning it was September. Geesh!!!! Do not even have anything to start with as i did NO cooking last night - again. Shame on me. Had to go back to the little one's MD and get some paperwork . Decided it made more sense to stop and eat than come home and literally throw something together. Her MD is not here, in a neighboring town and while not a great distance, it still takes some time. Only reason we go there is he is a marvelous MD for the little ones. May try and find a good one closer but for now that is the way it is.

Heat beginning to drop today - not even going to be 100 - close, but should not make it. In two days our nights will drop to the high 40s - hard to believe but that IS the way it works out here. Dying of the heat one day and then freezing the next day. We just do not have any gradual entrance to seasons. There is no real Fall nor is there a real Spring. Always have missed that. That does not mean however, our hot days are gone for this year. Nope, we will have more.

OK, I need to get a move on.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in September- already?

Image result for Happy September

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

tumblr september
Respected Contributor

Morning, & Happy September!  Can't believe it's the end of Summer, hopefully the Fall will be good weather for all.

@Winifred, your weather is unbelieveable, never knew that

@Preds May this month be a good one for you & yours, enjoy your graphics every day

@GATORGIRL Hope you also have a good month & Thanx for the wish

Today is only me for meals so haven't figured out what as yet, will check the fridge for any leftovers, but something easy.

Respected Contributor

Good Day Friends...Happy September!

Well, last evening I finally cooked a complete meal. Those of you who know what I have been going thru...Will truly understand...That this is a big deal.

Well, I made meatloaf, red mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and canned corn. I went the comfort food route.

Have not had much of an appetite with my illness.  My husband truly enjoyed it and it made him smile and the compliments kept coming.  I have not had much of an appetite with my illness...I too enjoyed it...Hubby was happy to see me eating.  Plenty left over for this evening.

Tommrow, will be our 27th Wedding Anniversary.  Boy, time sure does fly by...

We may go out to dinner sometime over the weekend? It depends...?  I am sick for a few day after my Chemo treatment.  But as I have been doing...Don't think about tomorrow...Live in the present.

Ladies enjoy your day...Hugs! 

Honored Contributor

Final days of summer.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

Your meal looks good to me, Bella.

Valued Contributor

Afternoon all,

Weather is cooler, in 70's and sunning. Birds are enjoying the new birdfeeder. And I'm enjoying them!

Went to Michigan with some gals yesterday. Bought apples, peaches, and some very tasty apricots. Need to make some apple butter in the crock pot.

Not sure why, but not having a good day. Will need to buck up as I have book club in a couple of hours. And then I have dinner and theatre out tonight. Maybe that will lift my spirits.

Good to see everyone.

Respected Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Good Day Friends...Happy September!

Well, last evening I finally cooked a complete meal. Those of you who know what I have been going thru...Will truly understand...That this is a big deal.

Well, I made meatloaf, red mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and canned corn. I went the comfort food route.

Have not had much of an appetite with my illness.  My husband truly enjoyed it and it made him smile and the compliments kept coming.  I have not had much of an appetite with my illness...I too enjoyed it...Hubby was happy to see me eating.  Plenty left over for this evening.

Tommrow, will be our 27th Wedding Anniversary.  Boy, time sure does fly by...

We may go out to dinner sometime over the weekend? It depends...?  I am sick for a few day after my Chemo treatment.  But as I have been doing...Don't think about tomorrow...Live in the present.

Ladies enjoy your day...Hugs! 

@Bellabutterfly Happy Anniversary to you & DH!  My prayers are with you, better days are coming.

Respected Contributor

@Soushi24 wrote:

Afternoon all,

Weather is cooler, in 70's and sunning. Birds are enjoying the new birdfeeder. And I'm enjoying them!

Went to Michigan with some gals yesterday. Bought apples, peaches, and some very tasty apricots. Need to make some apple butter in the crock pot.

Not sure why, but not having a good day. Will need to buck up as I have book club in a couple of hours. And then I have dinner and theatre out tonight. Maybe that will lift my spirits.

Good to see everyone.

@Soushi24, that's "normal" slowly but surely the good days will take over, just have to give it time, it does get easier.  Have a good time tonite