Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in September- already?

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Good Day Friends...Happy September!

Well, last evening I finally cooked a complete meal. Those of you who know what I have been going thru...Will truly understand...That this is a big deal.

Well, I made meatloaf, red mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and canned corn. I went the comfort food route.

Have not had much of an appetite with my illness.  My husband truly enjoyed it and it made him smile and the compliments kept coming.  I have not had much of an appetite with my illness...I too enjoyed it...Hubby was happy to see me eating.  Plenty left over for this evening.

Tommrow, will be our 27th Wedding Anniversary.  Boy, time sure does fly by...

We may go out to dinner sometime over the weekend? It depends...?  I am sick for a few day after my Chemo treatment.  But as I have been doing...Don't think about tomorrow...Live in the present.

Ladies enjoy your day...Hugs! 

There are two amazing places you can be...

The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts

The safest place to be is in someone's prayers.

Your in my thoughts and prayers @Bellabutterfly.   

Here's to more wonderful meatloaf meals!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy anniversary images

In case I miss in the morning, I wanted to send this.  Twenty-seven and prayers for another twenty-seven, plus more. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Soushi24 wrote:

Afternoon all,

Weather is cooler, in 70's and sunning. Birds are enjoying the new birdfeeder. And I'm enjoying them!

Went to Michigan with some gals yesterday. Bought apples, peaches, and some very tasty apricots. Need to make some apple butter in the crock pot.

Not sure why, but not having a good day. Will need to buck up as I have book club in a couple of hours. And then I have dinner and theatre out tonight. Maybe that will lift my spirits.

Good to see everyone.

@Soushi24 ... I have not been through what you are going through but know that you have a great support system and friends that are there for you.  Keep going and doing, but remember to take a few minutes just for you.  Sending hugs your way ... from all here. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy friday images

Respected Contributor

meal sounds very good. good luck. hope you feel better.

Respected Contributor

Bella, your meal sounded really good. And I am so happy to read you are doing better - now that is the icing on the cake. Like many things, it takes time but it seems like you are making great progress. Hubby is happy you are doing better and too, bet he enjoyed the meal you were able to prepare.

Soushi, you too have had a big hurdle to go through. As many say, time does help - bless your many friends!!!!

fixed a tri tip roast = never had done one before nor had I eaten one. Davey said his Dad made them and he loved them so am still trying some reverse psychology with that boy. He said it was good = guess that in itself was a blessing. Still prefer my boneless chuck roasts - I found the tri tip, while tender, really stringy. Fixed come potatoes with butter with lots of cut up onions in it. Also some mixed peas and carrots.

The little girl was under MD orders, get her on sippy cups, regular food and regular milk but ONLY 16 ounces a day. Yesterday being the first day to try this was a loser. She had a difficult time going to sleep and was really fussy. She also woke up at 3:30 crying - she never does that. She does NOT like regular milk so tried using a little of formula - did not work. So when she woke up this morning I gave her full formula and she went right to sleep. She also refuses to use a sippy cup so will try and find one better for her  than what I have. As to the regular food that was also NOT a winner. Sigh. At least for her breakfast she can continue with the cereal and fruit. He also said NO juice from a bottle any more. Sure seems like a lot of changes all at one time. I understand switching to the regular milk but she does not like it.Cold this morning - Brrr - even the little one is keeping her blanket on her - probably not for long however.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy saturday gifs

Trusted Contributor

@Preds and right back at you.

Boop

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, this is to say Hi!

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Bella, your meal sounded really good. And I am so happy to read you are doing better - now that is the icing on the cake. Like many things, it takes time but it seems like you are making great progress. Hubby is happy you are doing better and too, bet he enjoyed the meal you were able to prepare.

Soushi, you too have had a big hurdle to go through. As many say, time does help - bless your many friends!!!!

fixed a tri tip roast = never had done one before nor had I eaten one. Davey said his Dad made them and he loved them so am still trying some reverse psychology with that boy. He said it was good = guess that in itself was a blessing. Still prefer my boneless chuck roasts - I found the tri tip, while tender, really stringy. Fixed come potatoes with butter with lots of cut up onions in it. Also some mixed peas and carrots.

The little girl was under MD orders, get her on sippy cups, regular food and regular milk but ONLY 16 ounces a day. Yesterday being the first day to try this was a loser. She had a difficult time going to sleep and was really fussy. She also woke up at 3:30 crying - she never does that. She does NOT like regular milk so tried using a little of formula - did not work. So when she woke up this morning I gave her full formula and she went right to sleep. She also refuses to use a sippy cup so will try and find one better for her  than what I have. As to the regular food that was also NOT a winner. Sigh. At least for her breakfast she can continue with the cereal and fruit. He also said NO juice from a bottle any more. Sure seems like a lot of changes all at one time. I understand switching to the regular milk but she does not like it.Cold this morning - Brrr - even the little one is keeping her blanket on her - probably not for long however.

Hope all had a great day.

@Winifred When DD was walking for a while, or should I say running, all over, I would leave bits of food on the edge of the kitchen table and she would grab and run, otherwise, she was a picky eater, but this way, she ate.  When DH was home for weekend meals, we ate at the table, and as she grew older, she would eat at the table.

I remember making potato chips one evening, and she would run to me at the stove to get a chip, then run off to do whatever she was doing, lol.

If there was the teeniest bit of green in anything, she could pick it out, and by the end of the meal, there would be a little pile of green bits on the edge of her plate, lol.