Valued Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in September- already?

ffbd017c2493f5f2640b1912d6069f30.jpg

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Still in my robe, need to get clicking here soon. Had a good night's sleep. Had a cheese sandwich for breakfast. Fast and easy.

Did but a beef roast in the crockpot. Had some for dinner last night with tiny potato, and brussel sprouts. Cut up the leftover beef and some broth, put into individual bags with some broth. But the small bags in one big bag and frozen them. Will be good later.

Have a new bird feeder. Bigger so I don't have to  refill it as often. Birds are happy and so am I.

Enjoy the day.

Respected Contributor

Morning, happy to see all of you here, we have beautiful weather today, should hit 80, sun is shining, perfect

Just made a frittata (sp) pepper, onion, garlic, etc, still hot but smells good, will be for lunch

DD here for supper, don't know yet what's on the menu, have to check the freezer

Wishing all a good day

Honored Contributor

One of the dishes I go back to over and over is to salt and pepper boneless, skinless chicken breasts opened and pressed out to even thickness, then put on the Webber to get nicely charred and cooked, doesn't take long at all, but before finished cooking, adding cheese to melt a bit.  DH has his on a crusty roll, no roll for me.  Last night dinner was this, little black cherry tomatoes from the vine, practically skinless, and leftover potato salad for him, I passed on that, as I had a late afternoon snack.

Today will be watering the plants, usually every other day, and getting back to Fall decorating.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy tuesday images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Last night, I cut buffalo mozzarella into chunks, and placed in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil, fresh picked basil, minced garlic, salt and pepper and let sit.  I picked and halved golden cherry tomatoes.  I  then gently sauteed prawns in extra virgin olive oil, butter, salt and pepper.  I cooked wheat spaghetti, DH wanted pasta, and after it was finished and drained, I added the prawns and drippings and tomatoes to the pasta and mixed, then added the cheese at the last minute.  I only ate the cheese and tomatoes before adding the rest to the pasta. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Last night, I cut buffalo mozzarella into chunks, and placed in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil, fresh picked basil, minced garlic, salt and pepper and let sit.  I picked and halved golden cherry tomatoes.  I  then gently sauteed prawns in extra virgin olive oil, butter, salt and pepper.  I cooked wheat spaghetti, DH wanted pasta, and after it was finished and drained, I added the prawns and drippings and tomatoes to the pasta and mixed, then added the cheese at the last minute.  I only ate the cheese and tomatoes before adding the rest to the pasta. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Wow.  I so need to be invited to dinner at your house.  I know that's really rude but you did post all of the deliciousness above.   Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  Wow.  I so need to be invited to dinner at your house.  I know that's really rude but you did post all of the deliciousness above.   Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

@Laura14  Smiley Happy  If you noticed, the recipes are very simple.  If if I weren't growing a few things, I would buy them.

Respected Contributor

Soushi, am a firm believer in roasts being cooked in a crock pot OR slow cooker - I swear by them. They are always good.

Tonight fixed boneless chicken breasts with a smidge of olive oil, onions - of course - and some cut up broccoli smothered in ranch dressing. Yes indeed, it was yummy.. Go withs were peas for Ricky, LOL, and carrots and baked potatoes. Not bad at all.

An exhausting day - nothing related to food and I am glad it is over quite frankly. Was not hot at all = in fact I had on a lightweight sweat shirt. Not bad at all weatherwise.

Hope one and all had a good day - some great tasting foods you all have been cooking - love reading what everyone is fixing.

Have a super day tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Image result for wednesday quotes

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."