Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in October 2017 - trying to get month correct

good morning everyone. danky that recipe is easy and it doesnt take long to make either. original recipe calls for using spagetti but this time ria used wagon wheel pasta and it was better.but any pasta you like works. i buy a pork loin when on sale and i take fat off and cut it all up and portion it in frezzer bags.this week price rite has pork loin on sale for 99 cents a pound. thats the cheapest i have ever seen it so when i go grocery shopping im picking up some.hope everyone has a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1------I agree ...........I bought a pork loin awhile back and it was $1.27/lb which is the cheapest I had ever seen. .99/lb is phenomenal......

no bone and very little waste not to mention so versatile and delicious.

Tonight my friend is bringing over burgers from Chili's. I am really looking forward to it.

Last night I got Chinese food delivered. Boneless chicken with veggies in brown sauce and pepper steak with onions. Very, very good.

Sunday I am going to a kids birthday party so pizza, salad and wings plus,

the best part, birthday cake !

The weather today is beyond beautiful. I was sitting outside with the dogs earlier and musing on how truly blessed I am. Although my DH died and his loss was emotionally beyond difficult ,especially for the "kids", I consider that to be a standard part of life for everyone and does not diminish the overall reality of my existence. 

So, off to finish watching NASCAR and THINKING about doing the laundry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tonight, I prepared stuffed peppers with four yellow bells from the vine, took the last one off this evening.  I seeded and halved them, going to save the seeds for next year, turned them upside down and roasted until somewhat tender, then flipped them over, stuffed them and broiled till cheese is brown, everything is cooked before stuffing. 

I sauteed onion, one off the vine eggplant, and the funny little bits inside a pepper, also all of the green on the last pepper, then added browned Italian sausage bits and leftover rice, fresh marjoram from the garden, parsley, mozzarella and topped with parm. 

I will give DH more leftover rice on the side, his favorite food aside from eggs, cheese, burgers, and pizza.

I nibbled on some stuffing and a small chunk of roasted pepper with a few crackers and I am done, unless I get the munchies later.

It rained the other night and has been too cool to put the pups out, but today it is sunny, so out they went.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. danky we love chinese food so much.if we lived close by i could do your laundry for you being i love to do laundry.a few years back i bought an he washer with a window so i could watch it. one time i thru a load in and an hour later ria said did you honestly watch the whole cycle. i said yup i did. she said how boring.hope everyone has a great weekend.and weather has been awesome down here to.

Respected Contributor

your peppers sound wonderful mousiegirl. your making me want food.

Trusted Contributor

10155396_10152398965022444_1723569262373150542_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

flbettyboop that is so awesome and totally true. lolololol:

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. next couple days we should be rainy and fairly windy. last night ria made stuffed zucini.mashed potato chicken cheedar cheese and corn . she cut zucini lenght wise scooped out some of inside salt pepper olive oil and baked them for 30 minutes.boiled chicken and processed it fine mixed it with mashed potato cheedar cheese greek plain yogurt salt pepper butter and stuffed zucini and topped it with more cheedar and baked for another 30 minute. came out really good. hope you all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Last night, I had a little leftover slow cooker chicken enchilada, not enough for a meal alone, so decided to make quesadillas.  I mixed a lot of shredded white cheddar cheese into it. cooked them one at a time, was enough for two whole quesadillas for DH, and sprinkled shredded green iceberg tossed with lime juice on top of the quarters, turned out great.  Such a simple meal, but I am always proud of myself when I can come up with a way to use leftovers in a different form. Smiley Happy

Sunday night was light deep fried chicken wings.  For light, this is the way I like wings, and if I make Asian wings, I fry this way before coating them, after cooked, in the sauce. etc., I coat the wings in corn starch getting into all crevices and salt, then fry on medium until golden crispy, with salad and baked potato, for DH.  When I eat wings, I just pig out on them, lol, but did eat a bit of salad.  They have a great crispy crust, but just lighter than the coating for fried chicken.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone - sorry I have been absent but it does not look like I was missed. LOL. Must say it has been a miserable week for many reasons - having said that I must say others have it worse. Been eating well - tonight only Davey and I here so we are having pizza rolls. Not my favorite but certainly one of his. Have been super busy with the two little ones for one reason or the other. 

I do not say much on this thread but my two little ones - my great great grands - which as of tonight I have custody of - may be removed come tomorrow. It has been a difficult time - no, I have done nothing wrong but the point is I am old - and that seems to bother the powers that be. Court is tomorrow and I will find out if they will be placed elsewhere, stay with me or put in foster care - that terrifies me. 

Hotter than you know what out here in Sou Cal - not the first time we have had this in October and I must say I like it better than freezing but it is a change from the norm.

Hope all have had a great day! Almost forgot to mention that Davey will be 17 this Friday. He is doing great in school - first time in years - but still needs to improve on his laziness. LOL. Am pleased he is finally getting some credits in school.