Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in May 2020?

[ Edited ]

Quite frankly these boards remind me of the OLD days on the boards - 20 plus years ago. Terrible.

I had a great time today - Restaurant in the next block was opened up  on Saturday for full service. Yippee - went today and enjoyed a pulled pork sandwich and coffee. Yes indeed.

Very clean, no ketchup, salt/pepper and any other things around but it was heavenly. Not jammed packed - cannot do that even if you wanted to but so very nice - also heard a lot of laughter in there. Yes indeed.  Not sure how many are open but do not think it is many here. Loved every minute of it.

HOpe all had a reflective day - I did.

Frequent Contributor

In the past 3 yrs, sadly developed a handful of health issues, so a majority of cooking for me is the lazy way of cooking.

Monday I did a turkey breast in the crockpot; you don't get the crispy skin like you do if yu roast in the oven, but I really didn't feel like messing around with the oven.  I just seasoned the turkey breast and added to the crockpot, along with some carrots and taters.  When done, just removed a serving dish.

It was a boned in turkey breast, with the rib cage.  I removed most all the meat, returned the remains back into the crockpot along with the juices from the turkey, added onions, carrots and celery and whatever spices I wanted, added water, set the crockpot on low so druring the night I had a nice turkey broth simmering.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. nice day . maria made a tripple batch of pasta dough and she made 3 cheese ravioli. i made the sauce and meatballs and sausage on sunday. we had lots of leftovers and it was super good.i bought on a shark apex liftaway vacuum from qvc. it picks up really well. in under 4 months its allready broken.when you go to pull handle back it dosnt release. i called shark and there shipping us a new vacuum. i just had to pay 21 dollars for shipping. and we just ordered from qvc a 13 quart instapart by nuwave. hope everyone has a great week.

Honored Contributor

Pulled pork, hash brown casserole and slaw for us tonight.   

Respected Contributor

Dinner was easy today. DH got Chinese take out. Tomorrow will make something with chicken. Have a great weekend all.