Honored Contributor

For whom it may concern. Me, for one. LOL  I've been missing Lay's Salt & Pepper chips can't find.

So, called them up and they said "due to go back into production end of June".  YOu can buy 'kettle salt and pepper' , but, not the plain chip ones.

I get in there and dig till I find answers. I WANT MY CHIPS ! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Only tried once then the bag disappeared from pantry. Haven't found on store shelves lately. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Lay's chips

[ Edited ]

@SharkE @jeanlake 

At my Dollar General stores i buy the baked ones  but never seen ones with   salt&black pepper!

Now i want to try them...whenever/ if i ever see them!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

We'll have to wait till end of June looks like.  At least I'll get a complimentary coupon for a bag of my choice for right now.

Depending on the expiration date I could hold onto the free coupon and get 2 big bags LOL

Honored Contributor

The Kettle cooked they have available, they're ok, hubbo won't eat them, though "To hard".   Kettle cooked salt and pepper can be bought, but, the plain , flatish chip we all have to wait LOL

watch people hoard them all up and I still won't be able to get them.

Honored Contributor

I have never tried salt and pepper.  Can't you just add pepper to a regular one?

I adore salt and vinegar. 

Honored Contributor

probably slide off wouldn't be baked in the chip.

That works for pepper bacon , though. Pepper bacon is usually expensive, but, I buy plain bacon and as it's frying throw pepper on it. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

probably slide off wouldn't be baked in the chip.

That works for pepper bacon , though. Pepper bacon is usually expensive, but, I buy plain bacon and as it's frying throw pepper on it. LOL

@SharkE spray them with pam, dip it in butter (now there's an idea!), dip it in a dip, etc.  Put them all on a nice try and pepper them, then eat them one by one, pepper side up.

Oh!  Try it with Ruffels (my all time favorite) because they are so greasy and have those ridges that might hold it in.

Come on!  You're home!  You can do it!  Woman Very Happy  Aren't I helpful?  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Lay's chips

[ Edited ]

@SharkE 

I was talking to a vendor of Frito-Lay a couple of months ago.  He said that Frito-Lay was only producing their most popular products during the pandemic.  They had their vendors retool to reflect that.  

Glad you found out when they will start production again on your favorites!👍

Honored Contributor

I am newly addicted to Lays Honey BBQ chips.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif