Esteemed Contributor

WHAT'S YOUR SECRET WEAPON!?!!

I think I've tried it all!!!! and to no avail!!! My black refrigerator and stove are the worst mess collectors! After trying numerous products, I always land up with fingerprints and smudge marks -- grrrh! The glass stovetop is like -- impossible!! I have a GE stove which has five burners (one being useless as I haven't figured out what to cook on a keep-warm burner - duh!) But, the major offender is the one front burner housing a small/large burner. The small burner which I use most often always cooks waaay hotter than the larger outer burner section. I police it with a vengeance!! However, it never fails, for the few seconds my head turns to something else, eureka! the pot boils over..... And, I am left to once again do battle with that **###%%%** black glass cooktop. Guess who wins. It ain't me.... My appliances have declared war on me. Although I have put up a great battle to fight off this assault, I appear not to be winning. I need recruits!!! Those of you who have won the streak-marks, smudge-prints, stovetop grit confrontation please apply!!!!! I am desparately seeking reinforcements! Can you reply? Please help this fellow warrior!
Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR SECRET WEAPON!?!!

I have a Frigidaire black glass stove top and it still looks pristine.  Never had a boil over. I clean it after every use with Weiman's DailySpray. I use   Weiman's Cleaner and Polish  in the event something is stuck on.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is my GE Profile range top. If it is similar to yours, after cleaning it off as you normally would, and removing as much grease as you can, use a lIttle Windex on a Campanelli microfiber cloth, and it does a fantastic job-no streaks! I do this whenever I clean my range top. I've also used Bio Cleaner with success.😊

Rangetop

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

On my refrigerator I use Pledge Restore and Shine. Never have fingerprints. On my glass stovetop I use Cerama Byte cooktop cleaner with the cleaning pads. This combination makes the top look like I just purchased the stove. If there is anything baked on the top you are supposed to use a straight edged razor to first remove the mess. As far as the boil overs, get the Kochblume Spill Stopper and that problem will be solved.

Honored Contributor

After all the houses we've lived in, I finally got my gas stove at my last house.... LOVED it, but this house came with electric GE appliances and the former owner used that smeary white paste and that alone left a nasty residue on my black glass top stove.  I've used everything but believe it or not, a special microfiber cloth with water (yup, not kidding) has done the best to bring it back to a shiny, clean, non- smeary top.  I also have a special tool (one large, one small) that I bought off QVC years ago that scrapes off whatever gunk sticks without scratching.  So far I'm doing ok.  I also have black appliances and actually find them better than keeping up with Stainless Steel and White appliances.  Mine were new in 2014 (according to the paperwork they left)....

I also have a "warming" place on my cooktop.  I always kept my stuff warm by setting it to Low.... who knew that wasn't efficient.  I also miss, miss, miss my warming drawer at the bottom of the stove where I'd put all items that were finished up and ready to serve while I finished the rest of dinner (think Thanksgiving).  It's very hard determining how hot the burners are going to be and very hard knowing when the burners will cool down when you want to go down in heat.  These are not my favorite appliances and I hope to once again have a gas stove one day...... *sigh*

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

On my refrigerator I use Pledge Restore and Shine. Never have fingerprints. On my glass stovetop I use Cerama Byte cooktop cleaner with the cleaning pads. This combination makes the top look like I just purchased the stove. If there is anything baked on the top you are supposed to use a straight edged razor to first remove the mess. As far as the boil overs, get the Kochblume Spill Stopper and that problem will be solved.

@Janey2, I use the same stuff on my stovetop, but have always been leary of the razor - afraid I'll scratch the whole thing!

Thanx.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx, @Q4u .

I feel your pain!

Wish I had a gas stove too.  That white creamy stuff is that Ceramabrite the manufacturer claims should be used on the glass.  I'll try plain water!  I used to have those litte black scrapy things - will see if I can find them.

Thanx.

Honored Contributor

Little black scrapy things..... that's them!  I must have bought them in the 90's and they work very well.  My smaller one seems to work better (thinner and sharper) than the big one. 

Microfiber is the key... I forget the name of the one's I use.  Got them from QVC as well, they don't have a nap to them but I'm guessing any microfiber would be good.... good luck! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme : Same issuesimage.jpeg

Tried to make smaller and do a close up of the gas cook top. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Just go with your Mr Clean magic eraser and sit back.  Some battles can't be won!