Honored Contributor

I have two fairly "old" containers and the side (clamp) broken off of it, is this guaranteed

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

Re: Is Lock and Lock Guranteed

[ Edited ]

cs@locknlock-usa.com

I had the same thing happen to me and they sent me a brand new lid...you just need the info from the bottom of your container...good luck

Esteemed Contributor

I have some - couple years old - don't SNAP like they used to.  (isn't that true for all of us?)...................

sets of 4 - 6 -8- are so inexpensive..........toss them and buy new.

You'll send Chris P over-the-moon

Never saw a vendor so dedicated!   Weeee

Contributor

lock and lock CONTACT INFO and they are on facebook 
Call (844) 527-9188

the email i sent earlier may not be in effect any more
Honored Contributor

I've only broken two tabs in all these years, and one of those was dropped on the floor full of sugar.  So I figure they don't owe me anything.  

Honored Contributor

People have posted here in years past that the customer service at Lock and Lock is unresponsive, and when they do respond, you have to pay shipping for replacements. 

If that is true, they are so inexpensive, it's easier to replace with new. I fell into QVC's lifetime warranty on Cook's Essentials. What a rip off that was. I had to pay to ship back my failed pieces, and what they replaced them with never was the same, so they would substitute something equivalent. Never matched my sets, and the shipping was as much as buying new. 

Warranties aren't what they are cracked up to be. 

Honored Contributor

I had a tab break off a new container once; I emailed locknlockcs @ gmail dot com

They were very responsive.  They just needed the item or lid # on the lid, and sent me a replacement lid at no cost.

But I figure, they are plastic.  Not meant to last forever. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

People have posted here in years past that the customer service at Lock and Lock is unresponsive, and when they do respond, you have to pay shipping for replacements. 

If that is true, they are so inexpensive, it's easier to replace with new. I fell into QVC's lifetime warranty on Cook's Essentials. What a rip off that was. I had to pay to ship back my failed pieces, and what they replaced them with never was the same, so they would substitute something equivalent. Never matched my sets, and the shipping was as much as buying new. 

@Mominohio 

not sure who has said that, but i have called their phone number and always speak with a live person. i give them the container number on the bottom and the color i need. they cannot always guarantee a color is still available, but so far, i have always received my reds. i have replaced 5 lids over the past year or so. no questions asked, no money involved, no proof of purchase needed. they used to arrive in 3 - 4 weeks. now they are taking about 6 - 8 weeks.

have not been disappointed.

the customer service number is on pacific time, so keep that in mind when you call.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio 

not sure who has said that, but i have called their phone number and always speak with a live person. i give them the container number on the bottom and the color i need. they cannot always guarantee a color is still available, but so far, i have always received my reds. i have replaced 5 lids over the past year or so. no questions asked, no money involved, no proof of purchase needed. they used to arrive in 3 - 4 weeks. now they are taking about 6 - 8 weeks.

have not been disappointed.

the customer service number is on pacific time, so keep that in mind when you call.

@sunshine45 

I'm really glad to hear you have had such great experiences. I don't remember who all shared their lack of response from Lock and Lock as it was quite some time ago. 

Knowing you have had good luck, I will make an effort should something happen to mine. I actually have a piece I love that has one broken lock, so I'll give their customer service a try. Thanks for sharing your experience!