Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in May 2020?

Beef pot pie with biscuit topping for the 4 us tonight.   Out of a 13x9 deep dish baker, there’s a cereal bowl size serving left.   

Respected Contributor

I have Forgotten Beef Stew in the crockpot.  It is damp, cloudy, and a bit chilly here today, so it is a good day for it.  The recipe calls for 3 hours in the oven, but I decided to try it in the crock pot for the first time.  Sure hope it works!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

The stew was tasty, but the vegetables were a different texture than they are when cooked in the oven.  

Tonight we are having lobster ravioli, Rana brand, from Costco.  I make a lemon parsley butter sauce for them.  And a bag of Caesar salad.  

Honored Contributor

Great northern beans with hearty thick soup, cornbread and chopped vidalia  onion.   Oh my is my belly full!   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

4kitties, the stew should do just fine in the crockpot. Have become a strong user of that appliance. Saves so much time and energy. Had to find something to compensate for getting older than dirt. I actually went from crockpot to slow cooker. Why? The weight of the crockpots had become a bit too much and the slow cooker works the same basically. Sure makes cooking easier.

Yesterday was a great day - temps heavenly all day but it sure got cold last night. Got my bed linen washed yesterday. What a job to put them back on the  bed.

Yesterday was a good food day. Had some of the orange chicken - Love it - and veggies in the WOK. Another very easy way to prepare a meal.

Hope all have a super good day today.

Respected Contributor

Hello all. Made chicken parm with spaghetti last night.Today we will have hot dogs on the grill,not sure what else yet.

The sun is out today as it was also out yesterday. That sure is nice for a change. May have rain this weekend. Do not need that,as major flooding is happening in our state right now.

Have a good day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winifred 

I too love my crock pot.  It sure makes life easier sometimes.  

Tonight Mr. 4kitties wants left over stew.  I got some nice green beans at Costco and I think I will cook those in beef broth with onion and little potatoes, and then sprinkle on some bacon bits before serving.  I just love green beans and can make a meal of them!

I will make a few biscuits too.  I have an easy recipe for them.  Just heavy cream and White Lily self rising flour.  They are so good.  

@hellie jo 

I am so sorry for the flooding going on.  I hope all can be safe from it.  I am in Central Illinois and we have had a lot of rain here.  

Honored Contributor

Hamburgers and onion rings for our supper tonight.   

Respected Contributor

I was lazy tonight and we had leftovers.  Green beans for me and lobster ravioli for Mr. 4 kitties.  

Respected Contributor

My energetic???????great grandson Davey cooked dinner night before last. He fixed some great tacos and a nifty salad. Hmn. He even cleaned up behind himself. Geez, now why can't he clean up his mess all the time. I went in to shock when I walked into that kitchen. so for sure he CAN do it, just does not want to most of the time. Proud of him. Who knows may give him a job in the kitchen. LOL

A chilly morning but last night I turned the heat off for the heater. Time to do that because if not that pilot light will be going when it hits 100 - due in about 1 or 2 days. Even that heat can drive you out of your mind.

Have a great day everyone.