Esteemed Contributor

Ugh, Making A Grocery List...............

is a pain when nothing sounds good.  I have to follow DD to Kost so she can leave her car and she said, "we can hit the grocery store to kill some time."

We started a list and ended up looking at each other because nothing hit us food wise.

I finally came up with tacos. I also want to hit a farm stand near us to get some sweet corn and some squash.

You ladies are great wth ideas and my little pea brain isn't working this morning.

Help.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ugh, Making A Grocery List...............

@Retired Legal Secretary  I get it and think it happens to most of us at some point.

I hit a dead end once in awhile but what I've been doing is checking the Taste of Home website for ideas and it has helped me be more creative in the kitchen.  I can't seem to think of these recipes on my own so it helps to browse on there or even pull out the good old fashioned cookbook, many times I find recipes I had totally forgotten about!

Frequent Contributor

I agree with the person who posted prior to me: I love Taste of Home's variety of recipes. I signed up to receive e-mails from them. They send way too many e-mails and their website can sometimes be a little too wonky and annoyingly busy with ads but it's still worth going to. What I love is the fact that you can set up your own personalized online recipe file. You can create folders/categories and then as you find recipes you want to keep track of, you can save them into the appropriate category, just like a cookbook. I can't tell you how many times I've been at the store, thought about making something, and used my phone to look up the recipe in my personalized file to make sure that I have all of the needed ingredients. Taste of Home's recipes also don't usually include ingredients that you have to search for in specialty stores and most of the recipes contain nutrition info that can help you determine whether it's compatible for your food/nutrition goals. Hope this helps! Sometimes we all get in a "food rut."

Respected Contributor

I never make a list.  I know my store so well, that I just walk the aisles and decide as I go.  I also do not go every week, I go randomly.  

I have tried to change up my usual regular meals lately, for example, last time I cooked chicken in the oven, I added mozzarella cheese all over it and then added rotel to it at the end!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I don't want to start a run, but, news said yesterday pepperoni  is hard to  find now, that's the new toliet paper shortage. LOL

Pepperoni, is in short supply now.

Esteemed Contributor

Just buy a selection of meats - beef - pork - chicken and then a day when you're hungry and feel in the mood...........dishes to make will come easy.  Just stock up on what you do like.  Don't forget tomato sauces - cream of some soups - and sides french fries/potatoes.

Respected Contributor

When it is warm out I don't want anything warm to eat.  My go to is to cut up tomatos and cucumbers.  A little salt and pepper.  Eat it with hummus and fresh pita bread.  Yummy and healthy.

Respected Contributor

I worked on my online grocery list last night.  I am getting the items for Cherry Pork Chops.  It was my son's favorite growing up, and he makes it now for his family!

Taste of Home has the recipe.  You cook the pork chops in a crock pot with cherry pie filling and some seasonings.  I haven't made them in years, so will be having a treat next week!

Regular Contributor

The only thing worse than having to make a grocery list, is having to go shop for it. But that's just me.

Esteemed Contributor

I went to allrecipes.com for ideas, I can usually count on that for inspiration, but I got nothing.  

With the amount of cookbooks I have I should be a cooking fool.  Not happening.

DD just came up with steaks done in the Ninja Indoor Grill, with sweet corn and baked potatoes.  Yeah, we came up with 2 meals, tacos and steak.

I hope something catches my eye that sounds good. I hate going to the store.