Respected Contributor

Re: Ugh, Making A Grocery List...............

@SharkE 

"What's next...shoe polish ?" LOL 😂 

Honored Contributor

I have to be hungry to shop, or I end up with an empty cart  A little lack of discipline results in better meals.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I would LOVE some fresh squash and a big valdalia to roast!  Bring on the Parmesan!

I put roasted/grilled squash in recipes a few weeks ago.

Esteemed Contributor

I've mentioned here before that I don't do a lot of cooking nor meal planning...DH and I just don't sit down for a meal together very often. That said, and mostly in the summer, I usually buy a variety of cold meats from the deli at my favorite grocer, along with different types of cheese, croissants, specialty olives and homegrown tomatoes. I also make a pasta salad that will last for several days.

Respected Contributor

I feel like that all the time.  Sometimes because nothing sounds good, but most of the time cooking for three people whose tastes are all different.  Since the pandemic, I've been cooking 2-3 meals a day every day for 6 months.  Daughter is doing remote vitrual learning and husband works from home.  I found a recipe for dripping roast beef sandwiches on the Campbell's Recipe site which couldn't be easier and everyone likes.  During the summer, we eat a lot of BLT's with fresh tomatoes (I get from our garden) but otherwise buy from farmers market.  My husband loves italian food, I make it often.  So if I'm having spaghetti and meatballs, I make extra meatballs and make meatball parm subs for dinner another night.  I like breakfast for dinner...pancakes, eggs, omlettes.  It's easy .  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I don't want to start a run, but, news said yesterday pepperoni  is hard to  find now, that's the new toliet paper shortage. LOL

Pepperoni, is in short supply now.

@SharkE - I read that also, so when I did the grocery shopping this morning, I picked up a box of sliced Hormel pepperoni to go with the one I already had at home, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I don't want to start a run, but, news said yesterday pepperoni  is hard to  find now, that's the new toliet paper shortage. LOL

Pepperoni, is in short supply now.

@SharkE - I read that also, so when I did the grocery shopping this morning, I picked up a box of sliced Hormel pepperoni to go with the one I already had at home, LOL. 

I guess that will freeze ? I'm buying a couple just in case and put in freezer.   going into the Fall we don't know what will be the next thing that will be in short supply. I heard sugar one time, but, it was still plentiful on the shelf, may just depend on the geographical area.

Although, when that horror of toliet paper hit , now, that was epicWoman Surprised National scale never seen a shut down like that.

I'm stocking up on Libby's Pumpkin pie mix thursday. Getting a jump on thanksg. Just couple of cans, few cans of milnot. The holidays , I 

suspect, won't be a big deal this yr. won't be any restaurants open either doing the buffet.  thing of the past.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2. DH and I like taco salad, bbq chicken, hamburgers...we are not big eaters.

You can make cheesy potatoes using the frozen Obrien potatoes, already cut up, just add ingredients and bake.

I have made sheet pan meals a couple of times.  If you search pintrest you will find a variety of recipes.  I like it because we get a lot of veggies in one meal and he clean up is a breeze.

Everytime I ask dh what sounds good to pick up at the grocery....the only thing he reminds me to get is ice cream.......

@Mom2Dogs You might like to look in Kitchen and Recipes.  I've been roasting quite a few vegetables and they're delicious, especially with a little aged Parmesan.

They reheate too.