Respected Contributor

Re: Thinking......About Easter Dinner?????

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Carmie 

I have too much Easter/Spring  but slowly have been downsizing my 🐇🐰 addiction....it's not easy🤔😉

I have some St. Patrick decor up now -- this week is my turn to host "dinner & cards" so after that I'll put out Spring/Easter.

My family is not near so no "help" from them unless they "surprise us" again but I doubt it.  

Life is truly not "carefree" like I used to know now that my new role is "caregiver", but, he'd do it for me if roles were reversed.

@homedecor1 :  The wedding vows came to mind "in sickness in health, to love and cherish"......hugs to you tonight.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Carmie 

I have too much Easter/Spring  but slowly have been downsizing my 🐇🐰 addiction....it's not easy🤔😉

I have some St. Patrick decor up now -- this week is my turn to host "dinner & cards" so after that I'll put out Spring/Easter.

My family is not near so no "help" from them unless they "surprise us" again but I doubt it.  

Life is truly not "carefree" like I used to know now that my new role is "caregiver", but, he'd do it for me if roles were reversed.

@homedecor1 :  The wedding vows came to mind "in sickness in health, to love and cherish"......hugs to you tonight.

@Hoovermom 

I certainly did NOT mean it to come across that way -- as I said "if the role was reversed" he'd for sure do it for me!!!

Thank you for the hugs ... 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Carmie 

@Hoovermom 

I certainly did NOT mean it to come across that way -- as I said "if the role was reversed" he'd for sure do it for me!!!

@homedecor1 .....no you didn't come across like that at all.....and no judgement from me.  I remembered my wedding vows which was really more for me after reading your post.   I know enough from reading all of your posts that you do not think like that at all.  I'm sorry you thought that.  

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Nothing.  My family isn't getting together until all the adults have the COVID vaccine.  

Very wise of you and thanks for thinking of the safety of others.  

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Carmie 

@Hoovermom 

@homedecor1 .....no you didn't come across like that at all.....and no judgement from me.  I remembered my wedding vows which was really more for me after reading your post.   I know enough from reading all of your posts that you do not think like that at all.  I'm sorry you thought that.  

@Hoovermom 

Thank you🙂🙂🙂.  I know I whine about dumb things ... drives my kids crazy but sadly, going from a partner (spouse) to being a "caregiver" put a whole new perspective on the important things in life that matter!!  

Funny thing today, he asked me kiddingly am I resigning my contract for another year...hmmm gotta think about it🤔😉...I guess so!!

Have a wonderful weekend & Easter season🐰🐇💐

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1   So sorry you have had to become a "caregiver."  Still praying that something will be found to help your husband.   Don't give up!  Miracles happen!  Prayers for you too!  Strength and Peace!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills 

Thank you from the bottom of my ❤️!  I know many here are "caregivers" in many ways not to just someone who is "ill".

I am taking it in stride now if only I could get thru my kids, niece & family heads I am "fine" they can stop worrying...and driving me crazy (which is all love).

Thank you again💐💐💐

Respected Contributor

We are having the beef wellingtons I just ordered. Yay!

Contributor

It's next weekend!  Omigosh!

Ham

Potato Salad

Beets and eggs

Green Beans with bacon and onion

Squash casserole

Fresh Strawberry Pie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m looking forward to having most of our family over. Fortunately most of them are keto too!  Our menu is below.

Baked ham (unglazed)

Bacon wrapped Asparagus 

Green Beans

Brussels Sprouts Casserole

Cauliflower Mac & Cheese

Regular Mac & Cheese (for the non-ketoers)

Deviled Eggs

Keto Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Cookies

Keto Coconut Cream Pie

Keto Peanut Butter Cups

Keto Fudge

I’m making a lot of desserts/treats because I know a few will want care packages to take home. Lol