Honored Contributor

Thinking......About Easter Dinner?????

What will you be likely to fix for Easter?

Our son likes ham more than I do.  Actually, everyone else likes ham too!  Ham is ok.

I'll probably do a brown sugar spiral cut ham.  They like ham, I prefer brown sugar to honey ham.

Potato Salad will be the 1 starch

Deviled Eggs

Fresh green Beans

Grilled yellow squash

Steamed carrots

Hot artisan bread

Strawberry shortcake or something with fresh fruit.  I may mix fresh fruit like a millianaire pie and put it over lemon glazed pound cake.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thinking......About Easter Dinner?????

Reservations at our favorite restaurant. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't even have to think about it.  We have the same menu every year.

Homemade from scratch  spaghetti, with sauce and meatballs

Roasted leg of lamb

Oven browned red potatoes in the lamb drippings

candied sweet potatoes

corn

green beans

salad

Apps....steamed shrimp, olives, cheese, Italian meats, crackers with crab dip, vegetable tray, fruit tray

Chocolate cake with coconut frosting

homemade rice pudding with whipped cream

Homemade rolls with rosemary

Honored Contributor

We will be getting takeout from our favorite restaurant too. We also did last year . I will be eating ham. A few changes this year- last year we had just started this mess, and we prepared for Easter online. This year we will be online, but also outside! 

I miss Easter breakfast between services. Maybe next year!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG @Carmie 

Wow! Your menus sounds delicious!

As for me, at this point although by now I'd be thinking about it -- sadly, spouse is not up to company (Not due to COVID).

Guess when it gets closer I'll figure it out & enjoy right now decorating for Easter🐰🐇. 

💐💐

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   Thank you.

You are ahead of me.  I have boxes of Easter decor including a whole easter village with lighted houses and "town" stuff.  I addition I have huge and small chicks, bunnies and eggs.

i haven't decorated for Easter in a few years.  I put a spring wreath on the front door and cook.   I like decorations, but lost my spirit for putting it out, then having to put it away.

Maybe I can get my youngest granddaughter to do it for me.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

I have too much Easter/Spring  but slowly have been downsizing my 🐇🐰 addiction....it's not easy🤔😉

I have some St. Patrick decor up now -- this week is my turn to host "dinner & cards" so after that I'll put out Spring/Easter.

My family is not near so no "help" from them unless they "surprise us" again but I doubt it.  

Life is truly not "carefree" like I used to know now that my new role is "caregiver", but, he'd do it for me if roles were reversed.

Respected Contributor

Nothing.  My family isn't getting together until all the adults have the COVID vaccine.  

Honored Contributor

We're all getting together! We haven't missed a holiday yet! My kids are doing Easter this year....lamb. Can't wait to celebrate my granddaughters very first Easter! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Carmie   Holy smokes...that is one great meal!!  I hope you have help with preparation.