Super Contributor

Has anyone else gotten the run-a-round between the Q customer service and temptations customer service? I received the violet figural 9x13 baker and the plastic top was cracked in the corner. I called the Q and they said to call Temptations service and gave me the number. Temptation had the piece but shipping was an extra $9.95. Why should I pay that for a damaged piece? Called the Q back, and they said I had to pack the whole darn thing up and send it back to them just because a lightweight plastic piece was cracked. It's not worth the packing, and running to the post office, all because of poor quality control in item or packaging. There is no quality, value, or convenience in this.

Valued Contributor
Lots of complaints on TT's Facebook page re this issue.
Super Contributor

lots of complaints.

Honored Contributor

Sorry about your problem. I had ordered that same piece and same color. I cancelled it though before it shipped. Guess that worked out well. If you return it to QVC, they will have to reimburse you for the return postage since it clearly was defective.

Esteemed Contributor

Is it still within the 30 days since you received it? There was an extensive thread here a while back about their new warranty etc. This is from the FAQ's on Tara's website:

What if my temp-tations.com product arrived broken or deemed defective?

If your temp-tations.com product arrived broken, damaged or is otherwise deemed defective, simply call our Customer Service team within 30 days of receipt at 1-800-442-8677 for a free replacement piece. Or you can return the whole set to temp-tations®, for a complete refund. In either case, you will not be responsible for shipping and handling fees.

In some cases, we do require customers to return damaged pieces to temp-tations®, at no cost to you. This is simply so we can see why the product isn’t getting to you intact, so we can improve our shipping methods.

Valued Contributor

I guess I am missing the whole "Temp-tations run-a-round" comment? Where has anyone from the Q or Temp-tation site gave you anything but the info that you are asking about? You even say that QVC CS were kind enough to give you TT CS number for you to call. Neither the Q or Temp-tation site "hides" any info on what to do for replacements or defects should anyone have a problem. The $9.95 is nothing new to Tara's site and it is not "extra", it is shipping cost. Sorry you had a problem with the lid part but sounds like if you don't want to pack it up & send it back, must not be that bad after all. I know I would not keep something brand new that came with a "crack" piece but that's just me!

Respected Contributor

Well, I've actually had the exact opposite experience. The three times I have called Temp-tations for replacements, I've had no problems whatsoever. The last time was back about three months ago or so. I had ordered a large TSV set and was missing a plastic lid for one item. They gladly sent replacements. It did take a looooong time to get them, but I did receive them.

Now, policies may be different at this point. But, this has been my "previous" experience.

Honored Contributor
For me, It is simply not worth ordering this line .
Honored Contributor
On 2/5/2015 pupwhipped said:

Well, I've actually had the exact opposite experience. The three times I have called Temp-tations for replacements, I've had no problems whatsoever. The last time was back about three months ago or so. I had ordered a large TSV set and was missing a plastic lid for one item. They gladly sent replacements. It did take a looooong time to get them, but I did receive them.

Now, policies may be different at this point. But, this has been my "previous" experience.

Policies have indeed changed. Just this month. In the past, a missing or broken piece in a Q order was easliy replaced free, no shipping from Temp-tations directly. Not anymore. Now, you either have to pack up the entire set and send back to Q, or pay $9.95 per piece that needs replaced To Temp-tations for their standard shipping.

Stupid move Temp-tations.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/5/2015 mominohio said:
On 2/5/2015 pupwhipped said:

Policies have indeed changed. Just this month. In the past, a missing or broken piece in a Q order was easliy replaced free, no shipping from Temp-tations directly. Not anymore. Now, you either have to pack up the entire set and send back to Q, or pay $9.95 per piece that needs replaced To Temp-tations for their standard shipping.

Stupid move Temp-tations.

Hi MIO... the OP hasn't come back to say if it's within the 30 day period. If it is, the return info from the website says she can get a free replacement piece, or return the whole thing to TT for a refund, and that in either case, you will not be responsible for shipping and handling fees. I posted the information directly from the Temptations website, and I interpret it as she can get a free replacement piece with no charge for shipping. Am I missing something? If it's not within the 30 days, then I can understand the $9.95.