Honored Contributor
On 2/5/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 2/5/2015 mominohio said:
On 2/5/2015 pupwhipped said:

Well, I've actually had the exact opposite experience. The three times I have called Temp-tations for replacements, I've had no problems whatsoever. The last time was back about three months ago or so. I had ordered a large TSV set and was missing a plastic lid for one item. They gladly sent replacements. It did take a looooong time to get them, but I did receive them.

Now, policies may be different at this point. But, this has been my "previous" experience.

Policies have indeed changed. Just this month. In the past, a missing or broken piece in a Q order was easliy replaced free, no shipping from Temp-tations directly. Not anymore. Now, you either have to pack up the entire set and send back to Q, or pay $9.95 per piece that needs replaced To Temp-tations for their standard shipping.

Stupid move Temp-tations.

Hi MIO... the OP hasn't come back to say if it's within the 30 day period. If it is, the return info from the website says she can get a free replacement piece, or return the whole thing to TT for a refund, and that in either case, you will not be responsible for shipping and handling fees. I posted the information directly from the Temptations website, and I interpret it as she can get a free replacement piece with no charge for shipping. Am I missing something? If it's not within the 30 days, then I can understand the $9.95.

Good to 'see' you kittymom!

I was under the impression she got the item from Q, and it is my understanding that now, a Q purchased item no longer has 'free' replacement parts from Temp-tations (well, the part is free, but even from the day of delivery, the shipping is now required and is $9.95). If you don't want to pay the $9.95 shipping for the piece, you have to pack it up, and send the whole set back to Q for full refund of price and shipping both ways because it is damaged/defective, or a replacement set. The same 30 day exchange/refund policy is still in effect for damaged/defective items from Q as has been in the past.

At least that is what I'm getting from the various postings on Facebook, including those from Lisa/Tara as they answer questions about the changes.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I've actually had the exact opposite experience. The three times I have called Temp-tations for replacements, I've had no problems whatsoever. The last time was back about three months ago or so. I had ordered a large TSV set and was missing a plastic lid for one item. They gladly sent replacements. It did take a looooong time to get them, but I did receive them.

Now, policies may be different at this point. But, this has been my "previous" experience.

Policies have indeed changed. Just this month. In the past, a missing or broken piece in a Q order was easliy replaced free, no shipping from Temp-tations directly. Not anymore. Now, you either have to pack up the entire set and send back to Q, or pay $9.95 per piece that needs replaced To Temp-tations for their standard shipping.

Hi MIO... the OP hasn't come back to say if it's within the 30 day period. If it is, the return info from the website says she can get a free replacement piece, or return the whole thing to TT for a refund, and that in either case, you will not be responsible for shipping and handling fees. I posted the information directly from the Temptations website, and I interpret it as she can get a free replacement piece with no charge for shipping. Am I missing something? If it's not within the 30 days, then I can understand the $9.95.

I was under the impression she got the item from Q, and it is my understanding that now, a Q purchased item no longer has 'free' replacement parts from Temp-tations (well, the part is free, but even from the day of delivery, the shipping is now required and is $9.95). If you don't want to pay the $9.95 shipping for the piece, you have to pack it up, and send the whole set back to Q for full refund of price and shipping both ways because it is damaged/defective, or a replacement set. The same 30 day exchange/refund policy is still in effect for damaged/defective items from Q as has been in the past.

At least that is what I'm getting from the various postings on Facebook, including those from Lisa/Tara as they answer questions about the changes.

That makes me wonder why the Q's Customer Service told her to call Temp-tations instead of just telling her she had to pack it up and send it back to them (QVC). So I guess it hinges on whether it was within the 30 days, if it wasn't, she should go through Temptations? It's all very confusing, and I guess we won't be able to figure it out or tell the OP anything helpful unless she comes back to answer that question about the time period. It just seems like such a waste to have to pack a whole set up and return it just for one "lightweight plastic piece"... {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I like the set of knives that are on clearance and they have really good reviews. I had also thought about a set of bowls, since none of those things would have to go in the oven. As I've said before, I really like the colors and patterns, and the accessory pieces. But I still just don't know if I want to take the chance, especially with this confusion about returns and possible shipping fees. I guess I'll pass... {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Honored Contributor
I contacted temptations after my 9x11 pan cracked after one use....same thing ...pay 5ish dollars for a new baker that doesn't match the pattern of the set....whatever...too much trouble and ridiculous
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

That makes me wonder why the Q's Customer Service told her to call Temp-tations instead of just telling her she had to pack it up and send it back to them (QVC). So I guess it hinges on whether it was within the 30 days, if it wasn't, she should go through Temptations? It's all very confusing, and I guess we won't be able to figure it out or tell the OP anything helpful unless she comes back to answer that question about the time period. It just seems like such a waste to have to pack a whole set up and return it just for one "lightweight plastic piece"... {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I like the set of knives that are on clearance and they have really good reviews. I had also thought about a set of bowls, since none of those things would have to go in the oven. As I've said before, I really like the colors and patterns, and the accessory pieces. But I still just don't know if I want to take the chance, especially with this confusion about returns and possible shipping fees. I guess I'll pass... {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Those knives are really popular with the folks on Facebook as well. I have a good set of knives, or I'd give them a try. The true test of a knife is after some time passes, and you have it professionally sharpened, to know how truly good they will be. Most people post their reviews right away, so I am wondering how they will be in a couple of years, and how well they hold a sharpening.

Post a review here if you get the knives and let us know if you liked them.

Oh, and I was assuming that the OP was within her 30 days, because she said she received it broken, but perhaps she didn't open it or report it within the 30 days, but she did say Q told her she could pack it up for a return to them, so I'm guessing it was within the 30 days.

I have a feeling there is the possibility for Q to make Temp-tations go back to the 'old' way of replacing pieces of sets arriving damaged for free within that 30 day period, because when they (QVC) have to deal with all the returns, and there will be a lot of them, (ceramics break in shipping and the quality control is not good, lots of defects), they (QVC) will not be happy. I think in the long run, it would be cheaper to go back to the old way, rather than deal with all those returns (remember, Q is picking up the return shipping tab because the item is damaged/defective). That will add up.

Esteemed Contributor

Those knives are really popular with the folks on Facebook as well. I have a good set of knives, or I'd give them a try. The true test of a knife is after some time passes, and you have it professionally sharpened, to know how truly good they will be. Most people post their reviews right away, so I am wondering how they will be in a couple of years, and how well they hold a sharpening.

Post a review here if you get the knives and let us know if you liked them.

Oh, and I was assuming that the OP was within her 30 days, because she said she received it broken, but perhaps she didn't open it or report it within the 30 days, but she did say Q told her she could pack it up for a return to them, so I'm guessing it was within the 30 days.

I have a feeling there is the possibility for Q to make Temp-tations go back to the 'old' way of replacing pieces of sets arriving damaged for free within that 30 day period, because when they (QVC) have to deal with all the returns, and there will be a lot of them, (ceramics break in shipping and the quality control is not good, lots of defects), they (QVC) will not be happy. I think in the long run, it would be cheaper to go back to the old way, rather than deal with all those returns (remember, Q is picking up the return shipping tab because the item is damaged/defective). That will add up.

I hadn't thought about what you said about the knives. That's definitely something to consider. But they sure are cute!

I have a family member who sold Cutco Cutlery many years ago when he was young and trying to figure out what he wanted to do with his life. I wound up with a big Chef's knife (I guess that's what it's called) that retailed for about $100, and I do all my chopping with it. It's never even been sharpened, and I think I've had it for 25 years! But it still does the job. I would probably cut my fingers off if I had it sharpened now! I don't think I could do without that knife... Smile

Occasional Contributor
On 2/5/2015 Meeras said:

lots of complaints.

I have have received products that would be seconds in any store. EMAIL QVC tell them you are not happy and be specific about what was unacceptable about the product. It wont help to post a bad review that they probably never see or post complaints only in this forum. Maybe if QVC was inundated with emails with complaints they will stop looking the other way or worse yet continue to say the slop is ""handpainting.

Honored Contributor

not sure why the OP doesnt just send the item back to qvc for either a refund or a replacement. since part of the item is broken it wont cost you anything. if you are not interested in the plastic lid that much then ask if they can give you a discount on the item instead of having to return the entire piece.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Loads of complaints on the internet about Temptations products having defects, unreliability, and causing consumer accidents, and other problems.

Esteemed Contributor
Temp-tations = JUNK!!!!!
Super Contributor

I called one week after the order was placed. Temptations would replace the piece for free, but shipping and handling was $9.95. That was their bottom line. It is their new policy. I explained, and explained, and this is their policy, period. I am quite unhappy, but if this the way they do business, it will be without me. I have no problem sharing this experience with my friends and family.