Honored Contributor
On 3/10/2014 Craftie said:
On 3/6/2014 fthunt said:

YUP - "can go under the broiler" UGH? From complaints I read here - you couldn't pay me to try that. I continue to be puzzled - how did this young single woman with a mama start and build this dish empire? (always suspected Mr. David V was the $$ behind it)

I don't believe it was David as the money behind it, I think he took his neighbor and her idea to QVC they were planning to dump the polish ware and got her to continue to work for them, but as a spokesperson and part time designer. I believe Temptations is a QVC brand like Cooks Essentials, I don't believe she has a factory in China ,but I think QVC has the money and knowledge to do so, and that's why is on all the time and even has shows just for Temptations ware.

Good possibility. However, we don't even know if she and David were neighbors before she came to QVC. She got backing from somewhere. I also don't think it was David, but maybe QVC and then it is probably their brand like Cooks Essentials. Concept is good, but now there are too many trivets and wire baskets. Also, sad that the quality has gone down so much. Last pieces I bought had such a pale color and didn't match previously purchased TT.

Valued Contributor
On 3/9/2014 Perkup said:

I do have some pieces of Temptations that I bought at Christmas a few years sago - Hometown Holiday I think it's called. I like the pattern very much - have even picked up a few extra pieces off eBay. But I don't cook in it. I use it for serving during the late fall and winter - it's a winter pattern, not Christmas. I also have a few pieces of red polka dot which was a gift. Again, I haven't used it for cooking. It's bright and cheerful and I enjoy having it - just don't risk food in it as I've seen too many complaints about cracking.

Like others, I've been with QVC since they were CVN, and admittedly I was happier with them then. Better hosts for the most part and a wonderful absence of silliness on the channel. I can stand a little humor in the sales pitches, but don't assume I'm stupid.

I honestly prefer my Pyrex and white Corning Ware to Temptations any day. Some of the TT patterns are just too busy to show off food, and I don't care for the Old World pattern at all. Also not into the Floral Lace. For serving, I like the look of the pure white Corning Ware. I'd love to see more pastel colors in TT, and more muted patterns.

I have been packing up some of my Mom's dishes/bakeware and found some of her older Pyrex & a few casserole dishes of Corning Ware. A couple of 9x13 dishes & one larger one of Pyrex. It was like finding treasure! lol. Will be giving the Corning Ware to my neighbor(only have 2 pieces) plus I don't like the solid color whether it is white or any other color that's one reason I do like TT. Keeping the Pyrex to use!

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of Temptations and love using them. I have had one set for a couple of years now. So far no problems at all with cracking or anything like that. (I do worry a bit from the comments but I have had good luck.) My only complaints go to them not being consistent with the shade of the colors and also on some items the paint is too smeary.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/10/2014 Daysdee said:
On 3/10/2014 Craftie said:
On 3/6/2014 fthunt said:

YUP - "can go under the broiler" UGH? From complaints I read here - you couldn't pay me to try that. I continue to be puzzled - how did this young single woman with a mama start and build this dish empire? (always suspected Mr. David V was the $$ behind it)

I don't believe it was David as the money behind it, I think he took his neighbor and her idea to QVC they were planning to dump the polish ware and got her to continue to work for them, but as a spokesperson and part time designer. I believe Temptations is a QVC brand like Cooks Essentials, I don't believe she has a factory in China ,but I think QVC has the money and knowledge to do so, and that's why is on all the time and even has shows just for Temptations ware.

Good possibility. However, we don't even know if she and David were neighbors before she came to QVC. She got backing from somewhere. I also don't think it was David, but maybe QVC and then it is probably their brand like Cooks Essentials. Concept is good, but now there are too many trivets and wire baskets. Also, sad that the quality has gone down so much. Last pieces I bought had such a pale color and didn't match previously purchased TT.

If you recall when Tara first came to our attention,David introduced her as his neighbor and good friend.