Contributor

Re: Temp-Tations Rips off Lock & Lock

On 1/11/2015 BigOrangeKitty said:

I wish QVC would carry Fiestaware instead. Sometimes I think Tara must somehow be related to someone at the Q, maybe that's why there's so much of it on.

This is, as Kelly pointed out, business. There is so much Temp-tations on QVC because it sells millions of sets. QVC is making a fortune and the minute they don't, that will be the end of Tara's product on the show.

I have posted in this regard before, but consider the breakage. If you figure out how many post about it and surmise that they are likely a tiny portion of the people who have had breakage since most people would not post, they are still less than one or three precent of all the millions of people who have bought these products. This is a good percentage for a product that is not metal, not unbreakable. It is darn annoying to the people to whom it happens, but it does not mean that overall, it is a bad product. A 98% rate of good service is excellent. How many of you would be displeased if your kids had 98% in every subject on their report card? Or if you made a profit in 98% of all your investments?

Again, it is a business. If there were a large percentage of customers who were sending the product back, QVC would lose money. Business is all about making money. If you don't satisfy the huge bulk of your customers, you don't make a profit.