Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-Tations Rips off Lock & Lock

On 1/11/2015 Perkup said:
On 1/11/2015 BigOrangeKitty said:

I wish QVC would carry Fiestaware instead. Sometimes I think Tara must somehow be related to someone at the Q, maybe that's why there's so much of it on.

Just a feeling I get, but I've always thought that DV was financially involved with TempTations and/or that QVC actually owns the brand now. So far I've see nothing to change my mind.

And although I have sworn off watching for the time being, I completely agree - I would love to see them offer Fiestaware. If and when I buy dishes again, I definitely plan to get some Fiestaware. Right now, I am using only white Mikasa English Countryside, which I love. Food always looks best on white china. But for breakfast dishes and snack time I would enjoy some pieces of Fiestaware.

You have a "feeling" that the host you never cease bashing is financially involved. Your feeling is based on nothing -- or more likely, just your unending annoyance with the host.

Then you state that "So far I've see nothing to change my mind." Interesting logic. You have absolutely no basis for your theory, so of course you have no basis for changing your mind. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 Silkeej said:

QVC is not supporting her company, they are supporting their company its a QVC brand just like Cook's Essentials Bob Warden was the spokesperson for them just like Tara is for Temptations.

Agreed! Almost all of what Q sells now, especially in kitchen and fashion items, is home-made, Q factory produced. They take a cut from the manufacturing, selling AND shipping.

Honored Contributor

N/M.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

L&L is very popular because it is a quality product line and also quite inexpensive. So, I can see how other companies would want to try and get some of that. Smiley Happy

But Temptations is just not a quality product line and you can see, even through the tv, that these plastic products they are now selling are just not as well-made. Furthermore, the prices they charge for them is insane.

I'd stick with L&L because, at least for the 10-some years I've been buying them, they continue to be top quality plastic storage products. I just ignore what people like the TT rep says about theirs because, clearly, they want to compare their product to the products of a company that has been successful for creating QUALITY products. The unfortunate part of that is that TT is NOT known for creating quality products so it IS misleading. It's the same as how they compare their products to Fiesta and other companies that make quality stoneware. They are comparing apples and unicorns.

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 chickenbutt said:

L&L is very popular because it is a quality product line and also quite inexpensive. So, I can see how other companies would want to try and get some of that. Smiley Happy

But Temptations is just not a quality product line and you can see, even through the tv, that these plastic products they are now selling are just not as well-made. Furthermore, the prices they charge for them is insane.

I'd stick with L&L because, at least for the 10-some years I've been buying them, they continue to be top quality plastic storage products. I just ignore what people like the TT rep says about theirs because, clearly, they want to compare their product to the products of a company that has been successful for creating QUALITY products. The unfortunate part of that is that TT is NOT known for creating quality products so it IS misleading. It's the same as how they compare their products to Fiesta and other companies that make quality stoneware. They are comparing apples and unicorns.

Okay, chickie, I have a question for you. How many pieces of L&L do you have? I've never counted mine, but I think you'd beat me. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Okay, chickie, I have a question for you. How many pieces of L&L do you have? I've never counted mine, but I think you'd beat me. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Hey Suz! Well, it's pretty sad really. You know I'm a super-nut for proper food storage so, between my L&L and vacuum sealing, I'm pretty well set up. I can find a size of L&L for virtually ANYTHING.

Ok - well, a couple of years ago I counted about 200 pieces. I've purchased a bunch since then but I don't have a number. You would see my cabinets full (I have a LOT of cabinets in my kitchen), as well as two refrigerators and three freezers - all full of stuff in L&L. Anything that's not vacuum sealed, like dry goods, nuts, rice, dog food, bird food stuff - anything that doesn't carry moisture and stores well with some air in the container - is in L&L.

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 BigOrangeKitty said:

I doubt if anyone really cares what you see fit, especially in their opinions. You just go on and on with your harrassment of some posters, it's getting old. But thank you for that excellent suggestion, I shall do just that.

Hmmm...I guess you weren't following your own advice HERE.

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Hey Suz! Well, it's pretty sad really. You know I'm a super-nut for proper food storage so, between my L&L and vacuum sealing, I'm pretty well set up. I can find a size of L&L for virtually ANYTHING.

Ok - well, a couple of years ago I counted about 200 pieces. I've purchased a bunch since then but I don't have a number. You would see my cabinets full (I have a LOT of cabinets in my kitchen), as well as two refrigerators and three freezers - all full of stuff in L&L. Anything that's not vacuum sealed, like dry goods, nuts, rice, dog food, bird food stuff - anything that doesn't carry moisture and stores well with some air in the container - is in L&L.

It's not sad at all. I would definitely feel safe dining at Chez Chickie. Smile

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Suz! I'm really crazy about how I store any food item, due to - well - childhood stuff. I've had to eat some pretty awful stuff in the past. So I was always very picky about food storage.

It's a clean kitchen and everything is kept as fresh as possible. Smiley Happy If I weren't still dealing with this oral surgery thing, I've been in the mood to make a lasagne and some turkey chili. Maybe next week. Smiley Happy Those things, of course, get frozen in L&L and then vacuum sealed in portion sizes.

Respected Contributor

You could say the same thing about any product line on QVC. how many powder foundations are there now since Bare Minerals? In fact hasn't Bare Minerals come out with a pressed version liked the ""baked"" one? I thought of Cityknits the first time I saw SG's liquid knits. It certainly didn't start with QVC. How many folks copied McDonalds?