Occasional Contributor

Temp-Tations Rips off Lock & Lock

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but today's presentation of Temp-Tations new storage system really turned me off. I'm beginning to question the integrity of Temp-Tations. I constantly read about problems with the stoneware... that it cracks, that it is a hazard in your oven, etc. etc. etc. Yet, QVC and Tara continue to push it like there is no issue. Then, today Tara presents this "new" storage system which is basically a rip-off of Lock & Lock. She even made some of the same comments and claims. For example, pointing out the silicone seal and that you can microwave it "just turn the lid over". I'm really not impressed with QVC for continuing to support this company.

Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-Tations Rips off Lock & Lock

There are lots of 'silicone' type of storage systems on the market. Don't think L&L was the original, but....what's the saying, "Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery"?

Occasional Contributor

On 1/11/2015 sidsmom said:

There are lots of 'silicone' type of storage systems on the market. Don't think L&L was the original, but....what's the saying, "Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery"?

Fair point. Just thought QVC would have some loyalty to L&L. :/

Frequent Contributor

It would not surprise me if l&l manufactured it for Temptations. Win-win ...
Valued Contributor

On 1/11/2015 cheeri said:
On 1/11/2015 sidsmom said:

Fair point. Just thought QVC would have some loyalty to L&L. :/

QVC is in business to sell and since Temp-tations is the biggest or one of the biggest sellers on the Q, why would they only sell L&L storage items? How many bake ware companies sell on the Q? how many different dresses, make-up items, coats, bed linen items has nothing to do with being "loyal" at all. Tara is a very smart business woman and I am sure there are many in the "higher ups" of her company that do research and find out what sells & what doesn't.

I didn't see the TT presentation today (hardly ever watch anymore) but as I stated before, the Q is in business to make money.

and as the other poster mentioned..L & L wasn't the first ones to come out with this kind of storage...so sad if there was only one company to buy from..I think it is great that we have so many choices here in the USA and not told what we can buy and from who!!

Honored Contributor

cheeri: I like it when Lori Greiner 'cross promotes' Bare Minerals for her makeup organizer & Dooney for her purse organizers. Not many vendors do that. Don't know how L&L could fit in to a TT presentation, but like june1 said, it wouldn't surprise me if L&L manufactured it for TT.

Trusted Contributor

These containers have been sold for months. I believe they were a TSV last spring.

Super Contributor

I wish QVC would carry Fiestaware instead. Sometimes I think Tara must somehow be related to someone at the Q, maybe that's why there's so much of it on.

Occasional Contributor

On 1/11/2015 BigOrangeKitty said:

I wish QVC would carry Fiestaware instead. Sometimes I think Tara must somehow be related to someone at the Q, maybe that's why there's so much of it on.

Maybe that's it. Maybe I'm just burned out on seeing it presented all the time. After reading so many negative reviews, I know I shouldn't ever buy the products and its frustrating to see so much time devoted to it.

Super Contributor

Cheeri, I agree. Show us some other lines. I have some TT from years ago, and yes, it cracks, and no, I won't bake in it, they are pretty but I would use them for serving pieces only.