Honored Contributor

In colder months I may want a hot drink not coffee, so do you as a tea drinker, have a suggestion as to a nice, soothing tea to sip on in the afternoons?  I'm just not a tea drinker yet.

All suggestions would be appreciated.  Nothing heavy, just light in flavor.

Honored Contributor

My favorite light tea right now is vanilla honey chamomile. There is also one called Sleepytime which is a version of that.  I use them both as bedtime teas.

I also love peppermint but it's not light on flavor depending on what you mean by that. It definitely is peppermint in your mouth.

I've been in love with Irish Breakfast and Oolong for a while now but they are caffeinated and if you like steaming they would probably not be considered light in flavor.

I don't brew my water piping hot nor do I let anything steep too long because I'm not one to have strong flavors in my mouth.  Hence, never developed a taste for coffee.  Slightly flavored hot water is my go to.  

Respected Contributor

I have never been a coffee drinker but I have been drinking tea since I was about 6-7 years old. I grew up on Lipton or Tetley and I still use both but exclusively for my sweet iced tea. 

For hot tea I have been using Harney&Sons for about 25 years. I never add milk.......just real sugar and ,sometimes, lemon.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

My favorite light tea right now is vanilla honey chamomile. There is also one called Sleepytime which is a version of that.  I use them both as bedtime teas.

I also love peppermint but it's not light on flavor depending on what you mean by that. It definitely is peppermint in your mouth.

I've been in love with Irish Breakfast and Oolong for a while now but they are caffeinated and if you like steaming they would probably not be considered light in flavor.

I don't brew my water piping hot nor do I let anything steep too long because I'm not one to have strong flavors in my mouth.  Hence, never developed a taste for coffee.  Slightly flavored hot water is my go to.  

@Laura14-----your post made me smile and brought back memories of sitting at the Breakfast Room table with my Grandmother, 60 years ago, and sipping tea together always in thin China tea cups. Both cups were made from one teabag ! 

Honored Contributor

@Danky  That is so sweet!  I don't do that but I definitely only let my tea steep for about 1-2 minutes rather than the four they say you should plus my water is not boiling because I like my taste buds and no milk.   Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

Yes, as @Laura14 suggested Sleepytime or Honey Vanila Chamomile from Celestial Seasonings are perfect for beginner tea drinkers.  They are Herbal teas and caffeine free.  Celestial Seasoning also has a herbal tea sampler pack that you can buy to try to see which one you like best.

HTS_med_0.png

TAZO Tea's Calm Chamomile is very good, too.

If you would like tea with Caffeine, Celestial Seasonings also has a variey of  Green Teas.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Yes, as @Laura14 suggested Sleepytime or Honey Vanila Chamomile from Celestial Seasonings are perfect for beginner tea drinkers.  They are Herbal teas and caffeine free.  Celestial Seasoning also has a herbal tea sampler pack that you can buy to try to see which one you like best.

HTS_med_0.png

TAZO Tea's Calm Chamomile is very good, too.

If you would like tea with Caffeine, Celestial Seasonings also has a variey of  Green Teas.

Thumbs up from me too.  I loved this sampler but fair warning the Lemon Zinger is REALLY a zinger (I personally don't care for it and I love lemon but not this kind of flavor) and the Peppermint is REALLY peppermint which I do like.  Best one I had yet. 

The other three are probably exactly what you are looking for.    

Honored Contributor

I like strong black tea, I drink " Red Rose " with a squeeze of lemon and Splenda.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Wow, thanks ladies, we shop tomorrow so I'll check these out. Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

I drink matcha. I buy a ceremonial blend matcha powder from a local Asian market but you can find it at many places that sell quality teas. Matcha has caffeine so I only drink it in the morning.