Valued Contributor

I would recommend The Spice House. The herbs and spices are very good, far better than anything in the grocery store. The Flatpacks ship free and they ship very quickly. I have been very happy with everything I've purchased from them and I even got a few items as gifts for friends. 

Valued Contributor

I use The Spice and Tea Exchange, and The Spice House (their flatpacks are very cool and cheap to mail).

Contributor

I like the carefully curated, single origin spices from Burlap & Barrel. They have a small selection which is always changing. 

Honored Contributor

I highly recommend Penzeys.  I use a lot of spices and what I love about them besides quality is that I can get the less used spices in small containers (1/4 cup).  They also have specials throughout the year.  

Super Contributor

Re: Spices online?

[ Edited ]

I was a Penzey's customer for decades, but recently switched to Spice House.  I have been very happy.  I love the free shipping for flat packs and the recipe ideas in their emails.  They just sent out an email with recipes to make your own infused spirits.  🍾

I just recently found out about a combat veteran-owned spice company that makes spice blends and BBQ rubs.  The company is called Frag Out Flavor.  Not sure what 'frag out' means, but it must be a military term, LOL.  Reviews I have seen have been excellent.  They're having a sale right now, so I plan to place an order soon.  I find that I am using spice blends more and more, so I think this is worth looking into.  I wanted to mention it as many people like to support our veterans. 🇺🇸

Respected Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

I was a Penzey's customer for decades, but recently switched to Spice House.  I have been very happy.  I love the free shipping for flat packs and the recipe ideas in their emails.  They just sent out an email with recipes to make your own infused spirits.  🍾

I just recently found out about a combat veteran-owned spice company that makes spice blends and BBQ rubs.  The company is called Frag Out Flavor.  Not sure what 'frag out' means, but it must be a military term, LOL.  Reviews I have seen have been excellent.  They're having a sale right now, so I plan to place an order soon.  I find that I am using spice blends more and more, so I think this is worth looking into.  I wanted to mention it as many people like to support our veterans. 🇺🇸

Thanks for posting about Frag Out Flavor. Interesting blends. They offer a sample kit of a choice of six of their blends for about $15, free shipping. Other products are not shipped free, but I checked and think the shipping is reasonable.

I didn't know what "frag out" meant either. A consultation with Google reveals that it's the warning a soldier shouts after throwing a fragmentation grenade. Worth noting that the man who founded the firm is a combat veteran.

I do use straight herbs and spices as well as blends, and plan to order some flats from Spice House this month, too.