Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Penney's and their Fox Point is the BEST. It could make any disaster dish taste good, and I should know! Lol! 

@Skyegirl21 

penzeys does have great salt free spice mixtures.....my favorites are mural of flavor and sunny paris. both are wonderful on vegetables.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I started ordering spices online eBay or Amazon. Salt and whole peppercorns but the best spice I found was Rachel Ray Perfect Poultry in the grinder. It has the best flavor on turkey or chicken.

Respected Contributor

Depends on the spice I'm looking for......Penzy's.  The Spice House has tomato powder that I use.

My very favorite is Rockerbox Spice......a one woman operation who makes her own spices.  Limited selection and they are much more potent than commercial spices as they don't contain any fillers. 

My favorite from Rockerbox is Street Corn Rub.  I sprinkle it on sliced yellow squash, then top with some cheddar cheese and roast in the oven. 

Esteemed Contributor

Penzey's

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

What are the favorite sites for buying spices online?

The Spice House.  Free shipping for flat packs.  They're not polictical like Penzeys, yet they are related thru family.

Esteemed Contributor

I order from "The Spice House" and am very pleased with the quality. It's a nice option to be able to order a little or large amount. It is also nice to have the option of what type of container you prefer for the spice. Saves $ if you already have containers on your spice rack. 

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

What are the favorite sites for buying spices online?

The Spice House.  Free shipping for flat packs.  They're not polictical like Penzeys, yet they are related thru family.

TOTALLY agree The Spice House by far is better than the relative's site/stores.

Free shipping on flat packs is FANTASTIC! 

No minimum order....FREE! 

I can order most things in the flatpacks and always have the freshest spices!

They don't overload you with emails....and when they send them...SURPRISE...they are about Spices, Cooking and Recipes.

Gee what a novel idea the other guy could learn from.

Honored Contributor

I add them to my Instacart list. Or if not available, I buy from Amazon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Skyegirl21 I agree with you about the Penzey's Fox Point.  This is my favorite blend of theirs.  I always put it on fish, but it's also great for making dip, salad dressings, and so many things that you could use it for.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Penzys.   Absolutely the best in every respect.