Honored Contributor

ITA about Penzey's. 

Not only do they have outstanding quality products, they have outstanding customer service.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl Denver Spice and Herbs for Summer Savory which is difficult to find.  Used to get it from another online source which must have gone out of business.  

Penzeys is my preferred for most of my other spice orders online.

Spice Islands when I can find it in the supermarket.

I have a large collection of spices that I use when cooking so that they get used up quickly enough so that they don't spoil.

I usually do an inventory of them early each fall to make sure they haven't gone stale and usually only find a couple of duplicates and that is often an extra jar of cinnamon since I don't bake as often as I cook--typically closer to holidays--Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

I order most from Penzeys as they have the best prices and coupon offers, plus outstanding customer service.  I also occasionally order some organic ones from Vitacost and have also ordered some flatpacks of various things from The Spice House which has no shipping charge for their flatpacks.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like The Spice House. Great quality, fair prices and prompt shipping. Their blended spices are awesome!

Contributor

Re: Spices online?

[ Edited ]

Frontier Co-Op (I can find in our local grocery store or Whole Foods) or Trader Joe's

Esteemed Contributor

Love fresh herbs in cooking , but many times dried are all that I have. Love the idea of organic . Have heard horror tales of mold spores embeded on the air dried hearbs .

Honored Contributor

I do fine on amazon when I can't get to Sam's.  I taught Foods and Adv Foods.

Respected Contributor

Penney's and their Fox Point is the BEST. It could make any disaster dish taste good, and I should know! Lol! 

Valued Contributor

There is a store in Evanston Illinois and it does have a website--thespicehouse.com

Respected Contributor

I would order from Penzey's online if I had to, but they have a store fairly close, so we use that.