Honored Contributor

@MEM22 wrote:

Life is too short to be around negativity. Some situations we don't have a choice. I'm personally happier being around upbeat positive people and situations. I choose not to get involved in political or religion discussions to avoid the drama.

i am simply curious why some are just mean? I'm not even sure what baiting is unless it's to do with fishing 😊. 

I did acknowledge the majority of posters are no problem but those few negative nellies are just a downer.

Public discussion forums are a reflection of humanity. They are also a good demonstration that not everyone in this world reflects the same personslity, values, opinions, outlook on life, way of expressing themselves, and all that jazz. 

While in RL one can choose to eliminate exposure to anyone who doesn't match their personality and all of the above, on a discussion forum that is not true. People who are brand new to public discussions often have a hard time understanding that It Is What It Is here. People are not going to change, and few if any accommodations will be made for the faint of heart or inexperienced.

The bottom line is that people either learn to deal with it or they don't. It's a stay or go, whatever pleases you kind of thing.

The "negative nellies" aren't going to change and they don't care whether you stay or go. Nothing you say will affect them whatsoever. Sometimes, people don't understand that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I feel so bad for the folks that painstakingly type a favorite recipe, only to have it ripped to shreds with comments like"heart attack on a plate" or.."I wouldn't feed that to my dog!"..or "WHO eats that way?"

yes, people can get downright mean, even on a kitchen board...

But, honestly (sincerely) - doesn't that just make you roll your eyes and laugh? It sure does me. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

YAH!

I agree with ya alright and understand the words you are using.  Finally I understand some words so I am no that much of a Dork today!

I did not quite understand if I had answered the "Not Political" question right but I wanted to be in agreement with the forum.  I had a nice person to tell me what shoe polish for the hair really was.  So, before I went to sleep I pondered..  did I understand the question or did I make myself look like a Dork again?

Valued Contributor

I like it here and I do not want to offend anyone.  It is a great feeling to share and learn from others. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Snarky responses?

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I feel so bad for the folks that painstakingly type a favorite recipe, only to have it ripped to shreds with comments like"heart attack on a plate" or.."I wouldn't feed that to my dog!"..or "WHO eats that way?"

yes, people can get downright mean, even on a kitchen board...

But, honestly (sincerely) - doesn't that just make you roll your eyes and laugh? It sure does me. 

Yes..it does..In fact, when I read that stuff, my thoughts are usually something like, " do you really think anyone CARES enough about your personal opinion that it makes it WORTH hurting someone else's feelings?" .....but some people think they/ their opinions ARE that important....go figure...

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker, @Moonchilde, I think that people often leave their "filter" behind when they post online anonymously.

It seems that they forgo all semblance of thoughtfulness sometimes. There are ways to express an opinion about a recipe or article of clothing or whatever without insulting someone.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

I figured out the mean ones are like sharks swimming in this forum.  Beware of the sharks.  Just don't take the meanness seriously and you will be safe.