Valued Contributor

Welcome to the boards, MEM22, and contratulations on your retirement!

For some people, hiding behind a computer screen seems to give them courage to be nasty.  Perhaps their inner-hearts coming out.

There are many kind and wonderful posters here, so I hope you don't get discouraged.  Just ignore the mean ones, and keep posting.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Hi and welcome @MEM22!  I haven't been here that long either but so far I have read some very interesting and informative topics, been given wonderful assistance about various products, and even found more than a few avid foodies like me.  Also, some of the stuff folks post here is so funny it often has me laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my face! Also, the outpouring of sympathy and kindness is overwhelmingly wonderful when any forum member posts the loss of a loved one, a job loss, or anything upsetting in their lives.

There are sometimes spirited conversations that remain respectful and, unfortunately, some that get out of hand. I just try to focus on the positive, fun, helpful stuff and leave the rest. Getting upset and going back and forth, having heated cyber arguments with someone you don't really know is rather pointless, at least for me.

Hey just hang out and enjoy.

Um, BTW I think by the looks of your avatar, you are a guy, right?  Wasn't sure since I noticed you being referred to otherwise. No biggie though.

Now, if we could just calm down our blue bouncy toy of a cursor and get rid of this annoying &%##$***!!!# auto correct when we're trying to reply, it would be paradise!

Respected Contributor
And yet, the first post in response what so rude the monitor removed it. Point proven!
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Respected Contributor

Real life is no different.   If it's a relative you have to be subjected to it more, but unlike the internet it's not an all the time thing unless you live with them.  

I'm sure there are some people that thrive on the nastiness or are sure this thread is about someone else.  

Depending on the subject most of us have been over the top.  I've never been on a board that isn't the same way.   In fact a lot of boards that start to be a better board often end up pretty much the same way as the board they left.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

This is calm compared to the doozy of some fights in the old days.

Because I live in Missouri, a troll said that I had only a 5th grade education and an outhouse. Well, croemer and I had a hayday with that poster.

Enjoy the posters that are nice and ignore the rude posters.

There are some things in life that we need to take with a grain of salt.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Because I live in Missouri, a troll said that I had only a 5th grade education and an outhouse. Well, croemer and I had a hayday with that poster.

@Sister Golden Hair, I remember a poster on the former Viewpoints forum who said that I must be an illegal alien. I can't remember the context, but I'm sure I must have said something too liberal for her tastes. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair, I remember a poster on the former Viewpoints forum who said that I must be an illegal alien. I can't remember the context, but I'm sure I must have said something too liberal for her tastes. :-)

@suzyQ3 Those were the good old daysWoman LOL

Just think, we are still here and many many got banned.

Super Contributor

My opinion is that it is still very easy to be anonymous on any board. No one really knows who you are. People are hypocritical. The can pretend to be nice to your face in real life, but show their true colors when their identity is hidden. There are times that I want to respond to a comment on here, then I think twice and realize, why bother. It probably isn't worth the criticism that I may encounter.

Honored Contributor

I must have missed the actual problem but if people cannot come together over food and be happy, kind and sweet to each other than there is not much of anything that will.

I do not understand anyone being ugly on all the boards but especially food, home, health and book boards.

Next thing you know someone will be posting nasty comments to someone about their love for eating ice cream while reading  a great American classic novel.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."