Honored Contributor

To all the posters who preached the praises of LeCreuset...

... you created a monster.

I ordered my third piece today.

Here it is.

It took me a while to get used to the brand, but you were right, they are extraordinary.  My son was visiting recently and he was so impressed by them - I told him he can have them when I "no longer need them".  Now I don't feel so bad buying them, knowing that he'll have them someday, lol.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Re: To all the posters who preached the praises of LeCreuset...

Yeah, I have several pieces and I do love to cook in them on stovetop and in the oven.  I bought a couple of pieces of Staub too, they are nicely made too, but exceptionally heavy to the point it is overkill.  Plus they have the black interiors which always seems to stick when I use them.  I have stopped using them since the ceramic nonstick actually works on the LeCreuset.

Esteemed Contributor

That's a pretty nice monster, house cat!

I have an entire collection, and I still add to it.  The silicone sleeve is on my fry pan also. 

My latest purchase a few years ago was a soup pot (not a stock pot).  I use that piece every week.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I was so giddy buying this brand and all of a sudden, every piece is just a "lug" but they are pretty to look at....not a joy to wash at all...a lot of soaking for me.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I was so giddy buying this brand and all of a sudden, every piece is just a "lug" but they are pretty to look at....not a joy to wash at all...a lot of soaking for me.

I find them easy to ckean.  do you use Pam ahead of time? I always do.  Most of my le creases Is decades old and perfect. 

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling

I was very concerned when I got my first one - everything was sticking.  

Someone here suggested that I make sure to heat the pot before adding oil or butter and that works every time. I have had to soak my Dutch oven overnight, but in the morning, it cleaned very easily. Yes, they're heavy, but since I  don't belong to a gym, I consider it workout time... ha!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

i bought my first set  in the 1970's- it was a gift for my parents, in a dark chocolate brown, so apropos for the late '70's..I think the whole set was only about $175..VERY extravagant back then for a high school student..

My first set  for myself was hunter green in the early '80s..bought on payments from the Spiegel Catalog, I think...Now I collect the very  dark blue...so tough to get anymore...

So I have been buying it for over 40 years... So it MUST be good...PS..LOL Housecat, my son hs his own!!!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Here it is.

It took me a while to get used to the brand, but you were right, they are extraordinary.  My son was visiting recently and he was so impressed by them - I told him he can have them when I "no longer need them".  Now I don't feel so bad buying them, knowing that he'll have them someday, lol.

I'm happy for you!  It looks like a GREAT item!

FOR LC lovers, there is a great 3 1/2 quart VERY deep lidded skillet that is $199 and could go from stove, to oven, to "la table" in you know what I mean.  Like somewhere it is on a great price now!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Here it is.

LOL That's the excuse I give my husband when I want a new piece. Oh but it will be the kids one day HAHA.  I think I have 15 pieces now. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Turn down the heat. Mine only need soaking on the rare occasions that I screwed up and burned something from not paying attention. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval