Respected Contributor

Re: Small Appliances and Gadgets?

My latest small appliance is a Philips smokeless indoor grill.  What little smoke comes off of the food hangs at the top of the grill, it's kind of fascinating to watch.  Drippings fall into a tray without touching the heat source.

Yesterday I used the mini Zo to make a perfect small loaf of oatmeal bread.  Crunchy crust, tender crumb.

The Philips air fryer gets the heaviest workout in my kitchen.  I love the brand, no need to preheat and most foods don't need to be flipped. 

Trusted Contributor

I use my electric skillet several times each week.  I very rarely use a skillet on the stove top.  Tonight I will use it to brown ground beef.  I'll brown 2 lbs and after draining the grease, I'll save half of it for pizza topping later this week.   I will add spaghetti sauce to the meat left in the skillet and let it simmer a few minutes.  Then I'll take it to the table and we will serve ourselves from it, spooning the meat sauce over cooked spaghetti.  

Honored Contributor

Phillips products must be top of the line they're really expensive.

Their air fryers are 200 and over.

Saw that indoor grill advertised and wouldn't mind having it seemed like it was 250 think I saw on HSN

Honored Contributor

I have 2 favs,  #1 is my crockpot, #2 is my battery operated salad spinner.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

My latest small appliance is a Philips smokeless indoor grill.  What little smoke comes off of the food hangs at the top of the grill, it's kind of fascinating to watch.  Drippings fall into a tray without touching the heat source.

Yesterday I used the mini Zo to make a perfect small loaf of oatmeal bread.  Crunchy crust, tender crumb.

The Philips air fryer gets the heaviest workout in my kitchen.  I love the brand, no need to preheat and most foods don't need to be flipped. 

@Free2be

been reading the reviews on the PHillips grill and have a question for you

talks about grease splatters on the aluminum panels and how you need an ice scaper to clean it. One gal suggested using foil didn't quite know how she meant to use it.

What is your opinion on the clean up issue ?

Thanks !

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  I was aware of the recommend to use a scraper but I didn't feel the need.  I used a little Astonish cream with a non-scratch cleaning pad.  It took very little effort.  The metal sides act as reflectors to direct the heat up and across so they do need to be clean.  I don't even use a scraper on my glass cooktop, Astonish works for that, too.

Valued Contributor

Did a LOT of research and read reviews on immersion blenders and purchased the Breville. Have been very satisfied with it.

Super Contributor

I'm a bit surprised, but I use the little electric egg pocher/boiler several times each week.  Guess we're on a boiled egg kick, as I do deviled eggs for various events and my DH just eats a lot of boiled eggs.  They always come out perfect and there's no forgotten eggs boiling dry.  It just takes minutes and the buzzer reminds me to not forget!