Esteemed Contributor

Re: Small Appliances and Gadgets?

Love my Breville oven, and battery operated can opener!

I have an immersion blender.  It and an electric knife are 2 things that you don't use often, but when you need them, you need them and nothing else suffices!

Honored Contributor

Breville automatic tea maker--lowers the tea leaves and takes them out automatically.  Was a Christmas gift to me and it is absolutely wonderful for good tea leaves.  It makes perfect tea ever time.

It was expensive but was a gift, and I spend a lot of money on good quality tea so it has been wonderful--a real treat--for me.  That's my idea of the perfect Christmas gift! 

Respected Contributor

@Zhills, I agree about the immersion blender, when you need it it is terrific. I donated my electric knife long ago as I could not use it properly,but that is just me. I am going to watch this post as I am needing to buy a new immersion blender as viewing mine lately I have noticed cracks in the plastic ( it is very old - Rival that I purchased at a garage sale eons ago.) I want the bottom part to be ss on a new one. I have seen a few brands on amazon under $40. 

I use mine to make homemade mayo and hm beauty treatments . I find if you keep it on the bottom and pull up slowly there usually is not splashing.

@kitty4memy favorite ?  is like asking for a favorite child. I love kitchen gadgets and small appliances that help make my kp duty easier.  electric fryer and small KA oven have been used a lot during hot weather. I use the Wolfgang Puck little 2 serving cooker daily sometimes more.

Valued Contributor

I enjoy my ZO mini breadmaker and my Oster countertop oven..

Valued Contributor

LOVE my new Breville smart oven pro, have had it for about a  month now.  Bakes beautifully... also my Instant Pot pressure cooker.. couldn't do without it, use it all the time.

For gadgets, I love an under- cabinet mounted jar opener the Q had many years ago (Bob B. demonstrated it )and it still works great..opens everything from tiny bottles to large jars.

Of course, I still love using my big Kitchen Aid stand mixer ...

Honored Contributor

My ROTATO EXPRESS ELECTRIC PEELER. I use it everyday to peel my apples. I cannot peel any kind of fruit or vegetable by hand because of a hand disability. This is my all-time favorite thing in my kitchen along with my pressure cooker.

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

My most used small kitchen appliances are my Keurig and my Instant Pot.  I don't have an immersion blender but I do want one.

Favorite gadgets are my garlic press and jar opener.

Valued Contributor

Air Fryer.... used daily, even if for morning toast

Pressure Cooker

Breville Oven

Sous Vide

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

Breville small oven-----LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

Vitamix---LOVE too!

Pressure cooker--use alot

Zoji rice cooker--perfect everytime

Electric hot water pot

micro wave--use everyday

slow cooker

I have many more that I really need to decide if I am going to keep them or give them away--don't use much anymore.

I have an immersion blender that I got prob 25 years ago that I use alot. Think it is a DO IT ALL that I bought from HSN, I think. It seems to do the job but I may replace it. I think it is a good addition to a kitchen.

Valued Contributor

My favorite recently acquired appliance is a Cuisinart automatic pour over coffee maker that makes great coffee with the easy cleanup of drip coffee makers.

My Breville mini smart oven which I have only had a year and a half easily fits on my small counter space and I have used it more than I could ever imagine from simply reheating things to full cooking/baking/broiling foods and it is easy to clean and maintain too.