Respected Contributor

Should we or shouldn't we use the Nutribullet?.......

After seeing all the news on the Nutribullet exploding and harming the user, I am afraid to use mine. What are your thoughts on this? I haven't seen anything on a recall on them yet. 
Honored Contributor

Re: Should we or shouldn't we use the Nutribullet?.......

I don't know if I would use it or not.

Search jenni rivera and nutirbillet & read the article. She filed suit & the attorney's say Nutribullet says it's user error.

The lawsuit claims the Nutribullet's design is defective, causing canister over-pressurization leading to dangerous explosions of its contents.

The suit is demanding a Recall plus labels explaining the dangers.

Honored Contributor

I have also read about people finding chards of the medal blades in whatever they were chopping up.....😮

Honored Contributor

I don't have one and if I did, I'd smash it up and put it in the trash so no one could use it. This sounds way too scary to take a chance.

Honored Contributor

Yikes!  I saw that story this morning.  Probably the majority of these products are sound but I wonder if it's like a lot of things where they start out making them well and then, after becoming popular, quality starts to wane.

I don't have anything made by this company but I suppose I would be concerned.      OTOH, we don't know if these things have happened due to operator error or malfunction of the appliance.

I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon for every product out there.  I think it pays to stick with the companies that continue to make quality products and have excellent customer service.   I really like my Vitamix, although I don't use it that often.  But I feel confident that it will work right and if anything were to happen, that is the fault of the machine, i would get the proper response from the company.   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I don't know if I would use it or not.

Search jenni rivera and nutirbillet & read the article. She filed suit & the attorney's say Nutribullet says it's user error.

The lawsuit claims the Nutribullet's design is defective, causing canister over-pressurization leading to dangerous explosions of its contents.

The suit is demanding a Recall plus labels explaining the dangers.

I found it: Rosa Rivera files lawsuit against Nutribullet ( mother of singer Jenni Rivera) thanks so much. 
Honored Contributor

Nope, I wouldn't use it.  If you still have the materials with it, receipt, etc., I'd see if I could return it.  Otherwise, I'd dump it!!! Scary!!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin