Trusted Contributor

Small Appliances and Gadgets?

What is your favorite Kitchen Gadget and do you have an Immersion Hand Blender which one and why you like your specific one. Lookinf forward to see posts. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Small Appliances and Gadgets?

[ Edited ]

pressure cooker, electric is # 1

don't have a immersion gadget. Splash to much.

Honored Contributor

My favorite gadget is the Kuhn Rikon pull chopper, if you only use it for onions, it is worth the price and more. I have a Cuisinart stick blender and I use it frequently, especially when blending homemade soups, love it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Air fryer

Kitchen Aid mixer (probably not considered a gadget per se)

Pressure cooker

popcorn popper

Also not a gadget but love my Le Creuset butter bell.

I do have an immersion blender. It is a Kitchen Aid. It twists in half so that part can be washed, even in the dishwasher. It works really well.

I had a cheapo when my son was a baby because I started making all of his baby food myself, then used it for my daughter. Worked great. Got this new one about two years ago.

Honored Contributor

I love my Kuhn Rikon can opener and Kuhn Rikon jar opener.  I use them both frequently.  I don't know what I did without the jar opener.  It is very hard for me to open some jars.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

My newest and favorite right now is my Power XL air fryer.  Also love my Zo. mini breadmaker and KA stand mixer.  Another must have is my Keurig.

Super Contributor

My favorite small appliances are my Keurig and my Breville counter oven. Both are used on a daily basis and I can't imagine not having them.

My favorite kitchen gadgets are my various Spurtles Heart and my toast tongs. 

Hugs. . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Esteemed Contributor

Favorite small appliance.....Countertop oven and crock pot....great for just cooking for two...

Gadget.....a good spatula!

Valued Contributor

3 things I wouldn't want to be without anymore are countertop convection oven; air fryer; pressure cooker.

I had an immersion blender that I rarely used and it seemed more mess than it was worth so I got rid of it a few years ago.

Respected Contributor

One really small one I enjoy using is my "self-propelled" can opener. One of those "see it on TV" gizmos I bought at Bed Bath & Beyond. Takes lids easily off w/o leaving a sharp edge.