Respected Contributor

When I have 1 or 2 buns left, I cut them up, throw on some oil, seasoning and toast them for some great salad croutons! 

Valued Contributor

I never liked frozen bread products but hate to throw out anything. Lately I've been freezing them overnight in individual baggies then vacuum seal the next day in two packs. I vacuum just until the air is mostly removed but not smashing the buns then hit the seal button. Remove from vacuum pack as soon as I take out of the freezer and let them thaw on the counter. So far, so good.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe I've read 22 posts and haven't seen this idea yet.  Lock n Lock hamburg bun keeper, I have two of these. Simply put the extras into the Lock n Lock, pretty easy to cut a couple off the frozen block of buns.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I can't believe I've read 22 posts and haven't seen this idea yet.  Lock n Lock hamburg bun keeper, I have two of these. Simply put the extras into the Lock n Lock, pretty easy to cut a couple off the frozen block of buns.  

@depglass 

Would you happen to have the item # for that?  I searched and don't see it.  Thanks!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I've had these for years and I'm thinking they came in a group of assorted pieces, like a juice bottle or whatever.  I'll look for the heck of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @depglass .  I guess any lock n lock would work, as long as it's an appropriate size.  Is it a plastic piece with a tabbed top like most LnL?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

We feed the squirrels and bird the rest.  Sometime we have ducks!