Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Carmie Carmiewrote:

B&M brown bread in a can.

I always keep a can or two in my pantry.

Thats a new one on me, never heard of that

My local grocery store sells it.  I always serve it sliced and spread it with cream cheese. It's very cake-like.

F9E1743D-FB12-4501-9DBD-042DEB1026CF.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Rice-a-Roni makes a good base for a cold shrimp salad.  There are recipes online.

Respected Contributor

@nana59  wrote: where do you buy keto cups....i'd like to try them.....thank you....

I initially bought them from HSN but they no longer sell them so I found them on Amazon.com. They are called No Sugar Keto cups. 1 g net carbs. They come in a box of about 30, several chocolate flavors and they are awesome and satisfy my daily chocolate cravings and fit into my diabetic diet.  Hope you like them.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Carmie Carmiewrote:

B&M brown bread in a can.

I always keep a can or two in my pantry.

Thats a new one on me, never heard of that

My local grocery store sells it.  I always serve it sliced and spread it with cream cheese. It's very cake-like.

F9E1743D-FB12-4501-9DBD-042DEB1026CF.jpeg

@Carmie @Goodie2shoes  I LOVE B&M Brown Bread. I have two cans right now in my pantry. I buy the raisin. Like you, Carmie, I serve it with cream cheese. I order it from Amazon.

The reason why I buy it is because it is the closest I can find in taste to Thomas's Date Nut Loaf. That is a product I truly wish was still made. Great memories of having it as a kid with a cup of tea with my Aunt.Smiley Happy

Anyone else remember Date Nut Loaf?

Regular Contributor

I remember Thomas' Date & Nut loaf - was really good with cream cheese.  Anyone remember Jello 123?  It was a package of Jello that separated into 3 layers on it's own after you mixed it.  It was in the era of the famous jello molds that everyone made in the 70"s.  This was supposed to be a short cut version that you poured into glasses and you got 3 layers- a bottom clear one, a milkier one in the middle and a foamier one on the top.  Never really liked it, but this topic got me thinking about it, since a number of family members made it for dessert once in a while.

Trusted Contributor

@Queen of shop   We had Thomas' Date Nut Loaf as kids.  My mother would mix finely chopped walnuts with cream cheese and spread that on the bread, actually it was more like cake. With hot tea in the winter.  It was so delicious.  I wonder when they stopped making it.

Esteemed Contributor

@retiredatlast wrote:

I remember Thomas' Date & Nut loaf - was really good with cream cheese.  Anyone remember Jello 123?  It was a package of Jello that separated into 3 layers on it's own after you mixed it.  It was in the era of the famous jello molds that everyone made in the 70"s.  This was supposed to be a short cut version that you poured into glasses and you got 3 layers- a bottom clear one, a milkier one in the middle and a foamier one on the top.  Never really liked it, but this topic got me thinking about it, since a number of family members made it for dessert once in a while.

Yes!  Jello 123.  I made it once in tall goblets, and was in a rush for it to "set", so I put it in the door of the freezer.  Mom was at work, and it was summer, so I was free lancing it.

I opened the door to see if it were done and the goblets of jello crashed to the floor.  What a mess!  Broken glass and stickiness.

Well, I decided to use the vacuum to clean it up and boy did I get in trouble then!  I'm not sure the old Kirby was even functional after that, and the floor was still sticky.  A never forget moment.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

@retiredatlast   If I remember correctly, prior to Jello 123, there was Whip'n Chill which mom used to buy for a special treat.  She generally bought the chocolate.  Oh my gosh, I loved that stuff.  It was sort of like a mousse and just lucious to my young palate.  4830EE60-5658-4832-A032-ADEB34D3EDD6.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Cracker Meal....my mom used it to make her fry chicken.

Hamburger Helper - 'Stroganoff' - stores do not carry any more.

Shake 'N Bake - BBQ - stores do not stock anymore, heard they were changing the formula, could order from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  ah the adventures of a latch key child Smiley Happy  I remember my mother calling on a break from her job almost daily . I believe she wanted to verify that I had not burned the house down or ???

I still buy Rice a Roni occasionally if I can find the lower sodium ones . 

I remember 'Whip n Chill ' and123 Jello. I thought I was a gourmet when I whipped those up as a child. Probably why I have lived into my senior years from all of the chemical preservatives I consumed. Smiley Happy