Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Carolina925 

I was born and reared in NC and am still there.  I have never heard of that candy bar! 

My candy love as a child was Milky Way or 3 Musketeers.

3 musketeers....still my favorite.....at age 71.....i remember raiding my kids' halloween candy.....and doing the same with my grandkids!!

Honored Contributor

B&M brown bread in a can.

I always keep a can or two in my pantry.

Esteemed Contributor

i just bought jiffy pop popcorn.....the kind that you pop on stovetop.....can't wait to have my grandkids watch it pop......i remember it being such a treat to watch!!  nowadays...they just stare inside of the microwave!!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

This is so good!  So flavorful.   I haven't bought any for years but one of those places that sold stuff like that (basically products you don't see in the store anymore) carried it (probably still does but I forgot their name) and I remember that there were two varieties - with raisins and without.

I also haven't had Rice A Roni in quite a few years but always remembered it being very tasty.  I don't even remember which ones I would choose.

I can't think of products that I wish I could still get, that have become obsolete.  But one thing that is getting hard to find right now is Smucker's Simply Fruit.  These are jams that are made w/o refined sugar - just fruit sugar - and they are very  nice.  I use the strawberry for sandwiches with peanut butter and the apricot for toast.   I sure hope they haven't stopped making this one.    Hopefully, it's just the store I frequent.  Last time they had any there was a sale sign in front of what stock they had and it included the phrase "last chance" on the sale sign.   I bought all the strawberries (only 3 left) and one more apricot (I use more of the strawberry) When I was there the other day I noticed that those spots were filled with other Smucker products.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Kraft mac & cheese in the blue box.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie Carmiewrote:

Thats a new one on me, never heard of that

Honored Contributor

Re: Rice A Roni

[ Edited ]

I know a lot of college kids swear by ramen for a cheap meal but I survived on Rice-a-Roni in college.  Loved that stuff!

Respected Contributor

@nana59wrote : 3 musketeers....still my favorite.....at age 71.....i remember raiding my kids' halloween candy.....and doing the same with my grandkids!!

My favorite was Hershey bars and Reeses peanut butter cups . We had a mom and pop candy store down the street from my home and we would stop there daily to buy candy bars and soda. at 71 I still love my chocolate but I eat the keto cups low in carbs

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rice A Roni

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@nana59wrote : 3 musketeers....still my favorite.....at age 71.....i remember raiding my kids' halloween candy.....and doing the same with my grandkids!!

My favorite was Hershey bars and Reeses peanut butter cups . We had a mom and pop candy store down the street from my home and we would stop there daily to buy candy bars and soda. at 71 I still love my chocolate but I eat the keto cups low in carbs

where do you buy keto cups....i'd like to try them.....thank you....

Super Contributor

@chickenbutt   I like the Simply Fruit apricot with peanut butter on toast.  There are stretches of time when they don't have it in the store here also,  I Usually keep a spare on hand.  I also use it in an apricot chicken recipe which cuts down on the sugar.