Esteemed Contributor

Re: Done with Temp-tations

[ Edited ]

@Whitney400 wrote:

I understand what you are saying in your reply. I think that what I was trying to express was why did they have to make David's attending Tara's wedding such a big deal on QVC?  People are free to invite whomever they want, but I think it inappropriate to have made such a big deal over Tara's wedding.  Sometimes, with the best of intentions, people come across the wrong way on air.  I still won't be ordering any Temp-tations products ever again.

QVC tries to portray themselves as one big happy family.  So they will always play up that kind of thing.  Having the hosts talk about their personal lives, greet each other as though they're friends in "real" life, and the kissy-kissy thing they used to do (pre-Covid) are all designed to make viewers feel that QVC is a friendly place.  And that these salespeople are our friends too.  That leads to sales.  So attending each other's weddings is something I would fully expect them to talk about.  A lot of the "casual" conversation on QVC is not casual at all.  They know what they're doing.

I don't think it's inappropriatein any way,, but I do agree with you about Temptations.  I've never been tempted Smiley Happy to buy it, and I never will.

Contributor

Re: NOT bashing Temptations BUT why????

Made in China so what can you expect?

Regular Contributor

Great insights!  You are 100% right.  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

I don't know what is going on with Temp-tations. I will not buy another thing from them.  I bought a pair of the oven gloves last week and whem they arrived, there was a "REJECT" label on the box. 

You should have returned them.

Everything is made in China. 

Of course - otherwise Temptations would be much more expensive.

How do I really know if something is all "hand painted"?  We know nothing about the process and the type of paint that they use. 

That's right. Hand-painted? Doubtful or Temptations would be much more expensive.

What hold does Temp-tations have on QVC? 

They don't have a "hold." Obviously qvc makes a great deal of money selling Temptations; if they didn't they wouldn't sell this product.

So sick of seeing inferior products and presentations not being accurate.  I also quesiion the personal relationshp between Tara and David V.  He attended her wedding, so that was very personal.

Seems to me like a conflict of interest.

Oh please! They've sold products together for years. Why wouldn't David go to her wedding. I believe he went to Mark Charles Misilli's wedding too. I suspect many hosts and folks demonstating their products socialize. Don't most people socialize with people with whom they work? Also, David and Tara don't make decisions about what QVC sells. Management folks make those decisions.

Respected Contributor

@Whitney400 wrote:

I don't know what is going on with Temp-tations. I will not buy another thing from them.  I bought a pair of the oven gloves last week and whem they arrived, there was a "REJECT" label on the box.  Everything is made in China.  How do I really know if something is all "hand painted"?  We know nothing about the process and the type of paint that they use. 

What hold does Temp-tations have on QVC?  So sick of seeing inferior products and presentations not being accurate.  I also quesiion the personal relationshp between Tara and David V.  He attended her wedding, so that was very personal.

She married again?

Trusted Contributor

I do not cook in, freeze or store food in TT.  Last year, I had a number of Floral Lace pieces crack from my dinner set.  Then the handles broke off of two new pieces I used as water bowls for a parrot.  Because of the quality control issues from years back, I have a lot stored in my basement which I am now throwing out.    

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@Whitney400 wrote:

I don't know what is going on with Temp-tations. I will not buy another thing from them.  I bought a pair of the oven gloves last week and whem they arrived, there was a "REJECT" label on the box.  Everything is made in China.  How do I really know if something is all "hand painted"?  We know nothing about the process and the type of paint that they use. 

What hold does Temp-tations have on QVC?  So sick of seeing inferior products and presentations not being accurate.  I also quesiion the personal relationshp between Tara and David V.  He attended her wedding, so that was very personal.

She married again?

@Free2be  The wedding was in 2016.