Honored Contributor

@Whitney400 wrote:

I don't know what is going on with Temp-tations. I will not buy another thing from them.  I bought a pair of the oven gloves last week and whem they arrived, there was a "REJECT" label on the box.  Everything is made in China.  How do I really know if something is all "hand painted"?  We know nothing about the process and the type of paint that they use. 

What hold does Temp-tations have on QVC?  So sick of seeing inferior products and presentations not being accurate.  I also quesiion the personal relationshp between Tara and David V.  He attended her wedding, so that was very personal.

Seems to me like a conflict of interest.

@Whitney400  Many hosts attend each other's weddings. They both work for QVC, one as a host and one as a vendor. Conflict of interest doesn't apply here.

Regular Contributor

I understand what you are saying in your reply. I think that what I was trying to express was why did they have to make David's attending Tara's wedding such a big deal on QVC?  People are free to invite whomever they want, but I think it inappropriate to have made such a big deal over Tara's wedding.  Sometimes, with the best of intentions, people come across the wrong way on air.  I still won't be ordering any Temp-tations products ever again.

Contributor

Re: NOT bashing Temptations BUT why????

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

Although, I have many other brands of stoneware (Fiesta, Food Network, Rachael Ray) and none of them have crazed after many years.  I stack them too.

Fiesta isn't stoneware. Just glazed ceramic.

Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@amyb wrote:

what's FL?

@amyb I think she means Floral Lace, but not sure why she couldn't make 8 more key strokes.

Not sure why you had to be nasty.

Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Sorry for those who have had problems with their TempTations pieces.

Too heavy for me and stoneware chips easily, too. 

Everything I've read says stoneware is chip resistant.

Honored Contributor

I have to throw out about a half a dozen pieces of Temp-tations per year on average, for crazing. Oftentimes they have been pieces that were only on display and never used. Once or twice they were crazed straight out of the box and I returned them. Today I tossed a bowl as I was cleaning and organizing the kitchen cabinets. FL brown and used only a handful of times. 

Temp-tations has always had quality issues, and I don't believe they are often made/glazed correctly. I have seen many other lines of dishes that have crazing issues, including several lines of Pfaltzgraff that were made in the USA back in the day. I think it's a combination of improper glazing, and water. 

I've just decided to use my Temp-tations, enjoy them, and trash them as they fail. They used to be cheap enough that I just came to terms with the fact that they weren't going to be the multi generational products they tried to pass off when selling them. 

Prices on the line have increased to the point that I rarely buy anything, and they have all but discontinued the FL brown and FL fall that I love, so there isn't much reason for me to buy anymore.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@amyb wrote:

what's FL?

@amyb I think she means Floral Lace, but not sure why she couldn't make 8 more key strokes.

Anyone who is 'into' Temp-tations uses the abbreviations for her lines. OW, FL, and a number of others, to speed the communication processes. It's no different than the DH, DD, DS thing people use to describe their family members in today's posting culture. 

I can understand people not knowing what that meant, but I don't get the the snarky attitude about key strokes. Uncalled for, really.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@homedecor1  Just to be clear, this is what I mean by crazing: One kind is on the outside of the baker and is not raised. The other is on the inside and you can feel it with your finger. The first is cosmetic, as far as I know. The second exposes the material to your baked goods. My grandmother didn't really care, but her stoneware came from England. I don't use the 8 x 8 anymore, but I might rethink if I need to make brownies.

crazing.jpg

Crazing 2.jpg

It is often said that when stoneware crazes like this, it can be unsafe for use. The chemicals from the paint could be leaching into the food. Also, those tiny cracks can harbor bacteria that won't come out when cleaning, even in a dishwasher. 

I toss mine when they get like this because I can't stand the way it looks, and while I've never gotten ill (that I know of) from using something that is crazed, I just don't want to look at it. Guess I'm angered at it failing, and it looks damaged, not really the look I'm going for in setting a nice table.

Honored Contributor

@Whitney400 wrote:

I don't know what is going on with Temp-tations. I will not buy another thing from them.  I bought a pair of the oven gloves last week and whem they arrived, there was a "REJECT" label on the box.  Everything is made in China.  How do I really know if something is all "hand painted"?  We know nothing about the process and the type of paint that they use. 

What hold does Temp-tations have on QVC?  So sick of seeing inferior products and presentations not being accurate.  I also quesiion the personal relationshp between Tara and David V.  He attended her wedding, so that was very personal.

Seems to me like a conflict of interest.

Many of the vendors and hosts at QVC are friends. Many of the vendors live in the area, and many hosts and vendors are neighbors. I've heard different hosts and vendors talk about going to the same church, or volunteering in the same organizations. Oftentimes, they socialize together, like go to the theater etc. and post about it on their social media. Of course this was before Covid. 

I don't see any issues with them having relationships outside of work or any kind of conflict of interest. I mean it's not like they are being seen cavorting with a ShopHQ host or anything!!LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I was rearranging my kitchen cupboards and came across a 45 + year old Pfaltzgraff covered casserole. It was crazed and sounded cracked when I placed it on the counter. I have not used it in at least 5 years, but it has become more crazed and also has cracked while sitting on the shelf. It was made in the US.