Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 Danky said: The last I heard they do not want food to be returned. They cannot resell it even if it is unopened so , if you CALL within 30 days, they will issue a refund.

I agree. This was my experience many years ago. I am sure they still don't want food returned as they would have to dispose of it.

Honored Contributor

can you imagine having to send back crabcakes that you didnt like? LOL.....i bet the post office or ups would just LOVE that!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I have called to return Prindable apples, crabcakes & Corky's ribs because a label was not included. All 3 times they told me to toss them & refunded me immediately. This was several years ago.

Lots of the food looked yummy last night, but I learned my lesson long ago. You don't receive what you see on tv.

Honored Contributor
I don't think the post office wants your stinky crab cakes in their buildings or vehicles...doubt that the Q wants to smell them either!I bet you don't have to return foods that need refrigeration.
Trusted Contributor

FDA prohibits return of food products. Has nothing to do with QVC or their policies.

Respected Contributor

The FDA always prohibited all food returns for very valid health reasons, and precautions against food tampering.

Also no shipping carrier will accept opened food items for consumer returns to vendors.

Valued Contributor
On 1/23/2015 doodles said:

FDA prohibits return of food products. Has nothing to do with QVC or their policies.

Thanks for this info!

Trusted Contributor
On 1/23/2015 doodles said:

That's exactly what I was told recently when I called to get a refund on Nutrisystem. Even that, though prepacked, is what they consider a food item. I sure didn't - LOL. But they didn't want me to send back what I hadn't used, just refunded my money!
New Contributor

My dear mom ordered the Cushman honeybells, and was SO upset when she got them in a Harry & David box with NO BIB. It was such a funny phone call (Do you really need the bib, mom?)

She called customer service and the guy gives her a refund immediately since there is no more to send out.

After a quick Google search, apparently Harry & David sells Cushman's too? Needless to say my mom got free honeybells.

So my mom got her money back without returning anything.

Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 shannoneprince said:

My dear mom ordered the Cushman honeybells, and was SO upset when she got them in a Harry & David box with NO BIB. It was such a funny phone call (Do you really need the bib, mom?)

She called customer service and the guy gives her a refund immediately since there is no more to send out.

After a quick Google search, apparently Harry & David sells Cushman's too? Needless to say my mom got free honeybells.

So my mom got her money back without returning anything.

I'm not sure I would have let them give me a refund just because there wasn't a bib in the box. I'm surprised the CS guy didn't just give her a $10 credit.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau